Notices

Back, again....but very happy and grateful

Old 04-29-2021, 10:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back, again....but very happy and grateful

been awhile since I have logged on! it's nice to see some names I recalled from before I'm on day 2 sober after a weeklong bender (and missing work and lying to everyone I know, YET AGAIN)....feeling super anxious which I am familiar with and very unmotivated but I promised I would do ONE right thing for myself today and I decided it was time I come back. I've on and off periods of total sobriety over the last couple years, some lasting weeks, some even for months and months. But since COVID and being isolated and working from home more, the "voice" has started to become loud and I started toying around with a couple here and there.....the last 3mths, the binges are amping up again from one day to this last one went from last Thurs to Tues...I figured out I drank about a litre of wine each day, maybe 2? so was feeling pretty shaky yesterday but today it's just total anxiety hell about missing work for days and days and lying to my boss / co-workers of why I needed it out, so I am also once again disgusted with myself.

I feel better even just getting this off my chest. Glad to be back and I look forward once again to listening and learning.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great to see you again, Truth! It sounds like you're ready to get the job done this time . I had a few lame attempts at getting sober until I was finally determined enough to come here & get some encouragement. As you said, getting it out there & sharing how we feel really helps. Congrats on your 2 days sober.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Great to see you again, Truth! It sounds like you're ready to get the job done this time . I had a few lame attempts at getting sober until I was finally determined enough to come here & get some encouragement. As you said, getting it out there & sharing how we feel really helps. Congrats on your 2 days sober.
thanks and it's nice to see you are still around these parts there are a handful of you guys I remember very well. I was a poster even before this name but can't remember my username LOL - either way, I am happy to be back. When I started finishing bottles of wine at 7am and NOT my regular coffee the last week/weeks, I knew I was in serious serious trouble again.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back and I'm glad you're ready to start your recovery journey again. And, Day 2 is great! You don't have to put yourself through the lying and anxiety anymore.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Welcome back and I'm glad you're ready to start your recovery journey again. And, Day 2 is great! You don't have to put yourself through the lying and anxiety anymore.
Hi Anna!!! Nice to see you here still too!! Thanks, I am actually looking forward to heading to my office tomorrow and dealing with "life" again. I can't keep hiding out here. Today, I am going to just spend the day reading posts and learning from you wise souls
Old 04-29-2021, 11:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good to see you back Truthbetold. Great move.

Oh, I so remember those days of missing work, the lies, the anxiety, the shakes.....and have put them behind me for 16 months now and it is so much better, though not without its difficulties. Came to know that there are no difficulties that drinking will make less difficult. I finally put 2and2 together. And the answer is not 3.

I have a lot on my plate at the moment, and thinking now at 4:50am, were I drinking, my plate would be shattered. I'm so grateful to be sober.

Hope to see you continue to post. It is definitely worth it.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Good to see you back Truthbetold. Great move.

Oh, I so remember those days of missing work, the lies, the anxiety, the shakes.....and have put them behind me for 16 months now and it is so much better, though not without its difficulties. Came to know that there are no difficulties that drinking will make less difficult. I finally put 2and2 together. And the answer is not 3.

I have a lot on my plate at the moment, and thinking now at 4:50am, were I drinking, my plate would be shattered. I'm so grateful to be sober.

Hope to see you continue to post. It is definitely worth it.
agreed 1000000%
I know that I am going to feel a bit *wonky* for a bit after the binges....I also know I ALWAYS feel better once I'm back into my schedule and being a productive member at work (I have a wonderful job on a reservation here in Canada that works with children) ...and not lying and hiding in my apt. with my cat. LOL
I was sober for almost 2 yrs at one point and felt great. Life was good. Got my license back, bought a car, got my own apt....then that stupid voice back when we went into lockdown last year and it's been an on and off battle with binge drinking...sober for months, drink, sober for weeks, drink...I knew the last few mths. I was treading on thin ice again as I have been down this road. I have never once forgotten this site and the amazing people on here like yourself!

I was Jupiter before this username and I received so much wonderful help.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Way to go, girl.

I've worked alongside aboriginal people here is aus, and believe white fellas would never have been so generous in their understanding of my predicament; knowing only too well the ravages of alcohol in their own communities.

Edit: Don't know if I'm aboriginal or not. My mother shipped down from Queensland cattle station at 18 months old and made Ward of the State. Part of the Stolen Generation maybe? I'm trying to trace records, now. Most were lost. Destroyed.

You'll recover from the 'wonky'. Short lived malady whilst we find our feet.
Old 04-29-2021, 01:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Truthbetold

D
Old 04-30-2021, 04:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 3. Feeling very foggy but I think it's the Trazodone I have to help my sleep anxiety. Coffee made, make up on today, dressed and heading back to work after calling in sick all week. Feeling a bit edgy but I can do this. I know once I'm there and slowly getting things done, I will start to feel a bit more human. And posting here like I promised myself I would. Well, off to work!
Old 04-30-2021, 05:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome Back, Truth!
Have a good day at work and we will see you later.
Old 04-30-2021, 09:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I have had the same pattern TbT.. long periods of sobriety with relapses. It never works out well in the long run, always gets worse, along with any other pre-existing traits we might have had, like OCD, anxiety, codependency, etc. Quitting an addiction is awesome, and then getting the chance to work on the other stuff (not saying you have any) is a huge bonus. Life is really good if you have time to settle into sobriety, not skirt along the edges.
Old 04-30-2021, 03:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
I have had the same pattern TbT.. long periods of sobriety with relapses. It never works out well in the long run, always gets worse, along with any other pre-existing traits we might have had, like OCD, anxiety, codependency, etc. Quitting an addiction is awesome, and then getting the chance to work on the other stuff (not saying you have any) is a huge bonus. Life is really good if you have time to settle into sobriety, not skirt along the edges.
it truly is and I know that feeling well. So, I get extra frustrated with myself when I keep falling into this pattern bc I know how amazing sobriety can be once you string together a nice chunk of time. That 2 yrs was wonderful.

Well I made it through my long work day. I am tired and cranky, but I made it LOL
home with a healthy salad ! walked right by the wine aisle without even a thought of "hrmmmm" I actually felt nauseous when I saw it.
Old 04-30-2021, 03:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you have another sober day down, truthbetold

D
Old 04-30-2021, 03:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

thanks D!
I work early again tomorrow then heading to my parents out of town for the night so won't have any urges there. I think I'm going to try and not rely on that trazodone tonight for sleep though, it really messed my head up for a few hours this morning. I feel anxious a bit still but that's normal after drinking 7-9litres of wine over 6 days with no food, I know I have a bit of a road to snap outta the depression and fogginess. Definitely motivated to keep this going, I want back that feeling before this cycle started again. I know I have it in me to get there and I know coming here is going to help that journey
Old 04-30-2021, 04:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Anxiety was certainly a companion for me in early recovery, but I'd always been anxious anyway.
Antidepressants can be hard to come off...might be worth checking in with your Dr who prescribed theTrazodone if you feel uneasy about it.

D
Old 04-30-2021, 04:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yah, I will be making an appt. with her ASAP. I don't take it regularly, just use it on nights I am feeling edgy. Until I started the binges again, I actually hadn't taken it for months!
Old 04-30-2021, 10:37 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome back!
Old 05-01-2021, 04:19 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

HI Delilah!!! I remember you as well. It's comforting to see (lol) so many familiar names around still

7am here and the sun is shining! I've got a fresh roast coffee brewing before I head into work to make up some time I missed calling in sick all week. I am grateful to have that opportunity.