Notices

Peeling away the layers - Weekenders 30 April - 03 May 2021

Old 05-02-2021, 04:42 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Sunday evening…wrapping up another sober weekend…yard work today got me good n tired in a pleasant way…

Heres to hopefully another good night’s sleep

Old 05-02-2021, 06:17 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Sunday night here, last of the weekend chores and bedtime soon. I sure appreciated the support after my Friday night duel with the AV! Another sober weekend in the books, have a good week everyone.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:15 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Free2bme, great pic of the Baltimore Oriole, such beautiful colours.

Intro, hope you had a good night’s sleep.

Grateful, pleased you got won the av duel. I found the more I ignored the av the weaker it got.

Saou, take care with your elbow, looks painful.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:48 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I feel good tonight. Happy that I'm always sober, that it's my normal now. Happy cause we've had good dog walking weather the last few days.

A long time ago I saw, and heard, a Northern Oriole in my tree. Never seen one since. It had a lovely song too.

Since I'm fully vaccinated, I'm going to finally make an appt to get my hair cut. It's awful and hasn't been this long in 30 yrs and I hate it!!! I'm used to it short and easy, now it's long and tangled.

Old 05-03-2021, 02:54 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Love the scenic bird picture free2b.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:22 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Happy Monday, weekenders!
I had a very busy and pretty fun weekend. Friday evening we had an end-of-the-year/graduation party for students, faculty and staff at a local park for work. I ended up doing the lion's share of the work (that wasn't supposed to happen) but it all turned out great and the kids had a lot of fun. Since we have not been able to have group gatherings all school year and a lot of last year, it was a much-welcomed safe outdoor event.

Saturday the man friend and I went up to his cabin, just for the day. It's a long way to go for one day, but he had plans to celebrate a friend's birthday with a round of golf Sunday morning, so we had to go up and back. There's a fabulous and famous greenhouse about 2 miles from his place up there and we had a blast going there and picking up all the flowers for our respective deck planters for the summer. Then we got the lawn mowers up there (3 of them) tuned up and ready to go for the year, and did a little mowing where it needed it.

Yesterday I did yard work in the morning and then after he was done golfing, we went for a long hike at a state park, and then did some shopping. Whew! Crammed a lot into a weekend. I love being able to do allllll the things on weekends and not wasting a bunch of time drinking and recovering. It will never get old.

Just got caught up reading the thread and I can't respond to all, but it's great to see some new(er) names and great to see all the pictures and hear about everyone's activities. If you are struggling, remember it does really get easier as time goes on.
Old 05-03-2021, 11:04 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

^
Sounds like you had a fun (and busy) weekend Marty! How far is it to travel to the cabin?
Old 05-03-2021, 01:04 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

It's two and a half hours each way, Robbie. Makes for a long day.
Old 05-03-2021, 03:09 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

glad you enjoyed it tho, MLD
Old 05-03-2021, 07:55 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Marty I think I would want to stay up at the cabin all the time
Old 05-03-2021, 11:05 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Morning Everyone! First day at new job today, very nervous and have to go into the office in the city for the day. Haven’t been around so many people or even in the city for over a year so bit anxious about that too.

Hope everyone has a good day xx
Old 05-03-2021, 11:11 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good luck MantaLady!
Old 05-03-2021, 11:53 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

good luck Manta
Old 05-04-2021, 12:07 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Weekenders

All the best with your new job today Manta

Marty sounds like a lovely and productive weekend. I’d be like Willow, wanting to live there permanently.

Old 05-04-2021, 12:20 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes from me too Manta

D
Old 05-04-2021, 12:56 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Good luck Manta!

Hope the weather is better for everyone than it is here, it's done nothing but rain since yesterday afternoon. It's cold too, it's more like autumn heading into winter than spring heading into summer.
Old 05-04-2021, 12:59 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Mr

Best of luck with your new job Manta !

Robbie we had a full week of rain last week. It was dreadful

Hope the weekenders are well !
Old 05-04-2021, 01:39 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Vinny, it looks like we've now got your rain The forecast for the next 10 days is more or less rain every day...
Old 05-04-2021, 02:16 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

May the Fourth be with you

Old 05-04-2021, 02:21 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Happy Monday, weekenders!
I had a very busy and pretty fun weekend. Friday evening we had an end-of-the-year/graduation party for students, faculty and staff at a local park for work. I ended up doing the lion's share of the work (that wasn't supposed to happen) but it all turned out great and the kids had a lot of fun. Since we have not been able to have group gatherings all school year and a lot of last year, it was a much-welcomed safe outdoor event.

Saturday the man friend and I went up to his cabin, just for the day. It's a long way to go for one day, but he had plans to celebrate a friend's birthday with a round of golf Sunday morning, so we had to go up and back. There's a fabulous and famous greenhouse about 2 miles from his place up there and we had a blast going there and picking up all the flowers for our respective deck planters for the summer. Then we got the lawn mowers up there (3 of them) tuned up and ready to go for the year, and did a little mowing where it needed it.

Yesterday I did yard work in the morning and then after he was done golfing, we went for a long hike at a state park, and then did some shopping. Whew! Crammed a lot into a weekend. I love being able to do allllll the things on weekends and not wasting a bunch of time drinking and recovering. It will never get old.

Just got caught up reading the thread and I can't respond to all, but it's great to see some new(er) names and great to see all the pictures and hear about everyone's activities. If you are struggling, remember it does really get easier as time goes on.
How do I join the thread?.. it's only giving me options to quote.