Notices

PAWS/ ARBD month 10

Old 05-04-2021, 06:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Mesober, I really think you are doing fabulous! I love this thread.
Good for you. The determination you have is really inspiring. It makes me want to give up my desserts at night but I am not there yet. Not yet.

Looking forward to reading your journey!
Old 05-04-2021, 10:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

☹Fail today..but learned

Hmm.. So I failed..So what did I learn:
1. I will have to accept this is not a short term ´ diet´ but an acceptance for a life style change..Otherwise I'm nothing more than a Dry Food Drunk and this will never work
2. Trigger was a situation where I was unsecure about a certain reaction...Do I never ever learn?? Silence is gold!!!!! Just do your job the best you can and if there's a problem I guess you'll here it..
3. Combined with other trigger.. Don't laugh...An apple. They warned in the protocol to avoid high sugar fruit. But.. there were free apples at my job..So I took a small one..Thinking like..A small apple is like low suger then right?? Like thinking.. okay, I have a problem with beer. So from now on I only buy small cans hahaha..
The rest you can guess..

You know that case I talked about the patient with predementia that showed major improvement switching to low glyc? That took a YEAR. I'm a sugar addict for 30 years.. and an alcoholic for 25. And I'm disappointed having no effect after 5 days............................

So: we start again...In silence and with another mindset. If there's no amelioration after 3 months, then we reevaluate. Not before that. In the meanwhile we do what we can and Faith will make the rest of the decisions. And no cheating... Hope to see you back again tomorrow with day 2.1
Old 05-05-2021, 10:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I will be back on monday. There´s something I've gót to sort out too personal for this journal before I can do this and I'm going to deal with it next days.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:43 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

MeSober - I can't believe I somehow missed seeing this thread. I'm sorry for what happened yesterday, but it's all leading somewhere I'm sure.
Whenever you return, we'll be here for you.
Old 05-05-2021, 02:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MeSober77 View Post
Hmm.. So I failed..So what did I learn:
1. I will have to accept this is not a short term ´ diet´ but an acceptance for a life style change..Otherwise I'm nothing more than a Dry Food Drunk and this will never work
2. Trigger was a situation where I was unsecure about a certain reaction...Do I never ever learn?? Silence is gold!!!!! Just do your job the best you can and if there's a problem I guess you'll here it..
3. Combined with other trigger.. Don't laugh...An apple. They warned in the protocol to avoid high sugar fruit. But.. there were free apples at my job..So I took a small one..Thinking like..A small apple is like low suger then right?? Like thinking.. okay, I have a problem with beer. So from now on I only buy small cans hahaha..
The rest you can guess..

You know that case I talked about the patient with predementia that showed major improvement switching to low glyc? That took a YEAR. I'm a sugar addict for 30 years.. and an alcoholic for 25. And I'm disappointed having no effect after 5 days............................

So: we start again...In silence and with another mindset. If there's no amelioration after 3 months, then we reevaluate. Not before that. In the meanwhile we do what we can and Faith will make the rest of the decisions. And no cheating... Hope to see you back again tomorrow with day 2.1
No worries Mesober! I forgot how many times I didn’t meet the challenge of diet, exercise, sobriety, or commitment to a good recovery routine.

I think in most ways I hinder my recovery and then whine about paws symptoms for my trouble ☹️ I’m sure you’ll bounce back and continue to do well in your recovery journey! Keep up the good work!
Old 05-05-2021, 04:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

We may stumble a time or two but do not give up on your goal MeSober.

D
Old 05-13-2021, 03:14 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Wow I've never heard of ARBD before so had to research it and that is a serious consequence of drinking alcohol so respect to you for doing so well. Serious stuff so give yourself a boost, you are doing great
Old 05-28-2021, 09:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

No more updates

I´m sick of no progress. So done with booze. But stuck with lasting damage. Feel handicapped and done with trying explaining. I don't want to talk anymore. The day I have some major news you'll hear it. Thanks for all the support. But this is going to be between me and God. Bye.
Old 05-28-2021, 05:19 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

For my outside perspective you have made progress - but I understand you may not feel that way right now.

I hope you change your mind Me Sober.
You can do this on your own - but its easier with support IMO.

We'll keep the light on
D
Old 05-29-2021, 10:45 AM
  # 30 (permalink)