Notices

34 days and I drank!

Old 04-29-2021, 07:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sorry you drank, but hopefully will be back on track without giving it more chances. I relapsed at a little over 3 months and was very conscious of it the day before and during the day leading up to buying and drinking the alcohol, it definitely wasn't an autopilot thing. Being aware of high risk mental states and situations is important, but I personally find it's much more important to know what to do during the most critical moments, when the urges get strong and even more, to execute the plan, not just have it sitting somewhere. I had the awareness, motivation, a good plan and solid prior course of action. Just stopped it much like how some people take Antabuse for a while and stop it because they plan to drink once the effects have worn off. Sometimes people also suggest adding more tools in our recovery regimen when we realize we've somehow become more vulnerable momentarily, and that's something I didn't do before my relapse, more the opposite, neglected the work I did for my recovery. Ultimately, the outcome was very predictable.