Notices

Feeling like I am running on empty!

Old 04-26-2021, 09:57 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
nez

I feel like I ran out of gas and energy on day 30
That was my experience as well. I felt that way at 30, 60, and 90 days, but the good news is that feeling started happening less and less. At 6 months, rather than a feeling of out of gas, it was more the glow of hope. At a year, it was a celebration of my rebirth. I know it gets said all the time, but it gets said for a reason...it is true...it gets better.

Keep at it adrunk42long. You are doing great!

Old 04-26-2021, 01:07 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by adrunk42long View Post
Good Morning!
Does anyone else here have a hard time remembering how miserable you were when you were drinking?
I swear I have developed a horrible case of amnesia since becoming sober!
I begged on my hands and knees for sobriety 30 days ago but how quickly I forget the depth of despair and misery I was in!
It has been 6 years for me but I can remember how bad, how horrible things were if I think hard. A way of reminding yourself AD42L is to read the posts of those just joining the site or who have just quit. The rawness of their experience brings it back.

I'm just going to echo what others have said - that it gets better and it will have got better for a week or so before you notice, at least that was my experience so hang in there.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:47 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

You may feel like you are running on empty but man drinking and all the negative things that come along with it are exhausting! It may be hard to remember why you quit and how bad it was right now but just ready some of the desperate posts of people just getting started and it may remind you of why you are doing this. Your doing great.