Notices

Four Months Sober Today and Some Lessons Learned

Old 04-17-2021, 02:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Four Months Sober Today and Some Lessons Learned

So I am 4 months sober today! I have learned a lot and I know I have much more to learn. I learned that being sober is not a punishment. I learned that there is such a thing as PAWS that prevents you from feeling good even though you are sober. I have learned to be patient about my PAWS symptoms and try to have faith that I will eventually feel good again. I learned that Sober Recovery is extremely helpful in my recovery and there a lot of great people here. I learned that there are no guarantees in life. I learned to be more grateful for all my blessing large and small. I learned that caffeine is a no no for now. I learned that giving up alcohol during a pandemic is actually good timing. I learned that I can have fun without alcohol. I am sure I have forgotten some other lessons learned and As I said I know I have more to learn! But I am off to a good start.
Old 04-17-2021, 03:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done cbs.. I love the “learning” focus of your post. it’s why I appreciate this site, I don’t say much but I read a lot of it.. biggest thing I have learnt recently, there isn’t a one size fits all approach to recovery and this site has so many different people at different stages of recovery it’s hard not to take some great advice away with you.(and your update has provided more)
Old 04-17-2021, 03:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Congratulations on 4 months!! That is absolutely a great start!
Old 04-17-2021, 03:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on four months sober! Love your list of lessons learned.
Old 04-17-2021, 03:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats again on 4 months CBS
D
Old 04-17-2021, 03:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CBS62 View Post
So I am 4 months sober today! I have learned a lot and I know I have much more to learn. I learned that being sober is not a punishment. I learned that there is such a thing as PAWS that prevents you from feeling good even though you are sober. I have learned to be patient about my PAWS symptoms and try to have faith that I will eventually feel good again. I learned that Sober Recovery is extremely helpful in my recovery and there a lot of great people here. I learned that there are no guarantees in life. I learned to be more grateful for all my blessing large and small. I learned that caffeine is a no no for now. I learned that giving up alcohol during a pandemic is actually good timing. I learned that I can have fun without alcohol. I am sure I have forgotten some other lessons learned and As I said I know I have more to learn! But I am off to a good start.
Ive learned some of those same lessons CBS....Ever so slowly but I’m still learning.
Old 04-17-2021, 04:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

4 months of sobriety is great, and I'm glad you can look back and see how much you've learned and how far you've come.
Old 04-17-2021, 11:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations with 4 months. I see you know about PAWS when I hit 4 months it kicked in like crazy for me. But with the help from other members I made it here today. Just remember you're body is just readjusting it will pass and you will feel better.
Old 04-18-2021, 03:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 4 months sober!
Old 04-18-2021, 09:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Fantastic CBS62! And I've learned a lot from your reflections too. For me the thing that stands out most about your current post is the observation that sobriety is not a punishment. Agreed. And so many more discoveries to be made. Congratulations.
Old 04-18-2021, 10:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats CBS. Very well done.
Old 04-18-2021, 11:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CBS62 View Post
So I am 4 months sober today! I have learned a lot and...
And it's not near the ordeal you thought it would be. Life is just fine without alcohol. That was a big one for me. Who would have thought? In addiction, we believe many false things, thanks to our AV.
Old 04-20-2021, 01:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congratulations for achieving four months CBS.