Notices

Day 338 - Checking in

Old 04-17-2021, 10:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 338 - Checking in

Came upon this in my morning readings and wanted to share.

Life is like a camera. Focus on what's important and capture the good times develop from the negatives and if things don't workout. Take another shot.
Old 04-18-2021, 10:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 338 days sober!
Old 04-18-2021, 10:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

The first year was a biggy for me. So was the second.

After that it seemed to just turn into me. I am a non drinker.

This place has always saved me.

I went on to stop attending AA meetings for personal reasons.

SR has since been my only mechanism for support and counseling.

Even though they always say see a Dr., I figure enough people here have seen a Dr. the advice I am getting is what the Dr. would have said. Especially when it seems corroborated.

That being said if there is a medical problem, physical or mental, the answer is see a Dr. What worked for me so far, might not work for someone else.

After these years, part of what helps me is that if feels like I have something to prove here and dont want to get lectured by my online support group.

Obviously, I don't want to got insane again from a relapse, love my sleep patterns, my strength, my patience, etc etc.

Thanks for the therapy.
Old 04-18-2021, 11:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for the support. Today I'm working on day 339. My year is right around the corner not getting ahead just one day at a time. I have to always remember this and put it into action. I recognize during this time I am very goal oriented but many times that has lead me into achieving a goal then feeling complete then getting bored which can be a very trigger for relapse. I'm my first few months of recovery I looked at days as pages months as chapter. I'm starting to see it as a year is a chapter and months as pages. I found that doing 30 day challenges to add to my recovery is productive for me and when doing it for 30 days if becomes a routine and good habit towards my recovery. This for me has to do with mindfulness practice and being in the present moment. Gratitude