Notices

Weekenders April 15-22

Old 04-18-2021, 02:20 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Totally forgot to log in today, was busy being sober and enjoying my Sunday 😁 I buy the thin bagel, about 100 cals and delicious toasted with a little cream cheese and pastrami. Yum. I’m off to bed sober again, I won the weekend and tomorrow will be 1 week 👍
Old 04-18-2021, 03:02 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

That is fantastic Iove!!! ❤️
Old 04-18-2021, 04:14 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Just good news and stuff all around. Well done everyone for making it through.

Another weekend down for me, I'm off to enjoy some food.

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
I heard that it’s not the calories in food that makes our clothes tight.
It’s the naughty elves in the wardrobe that sew our clothes a little bit smaller at night .....

Old 04-18-2021, 04:46 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

We accomplished hanging the fence! YAY!
Only two minor frustrating moments. One included me walking away and making a PB and J. The other included my frustration over having to charge the power drill every 10 minutes. Like, Why is this thing not charged?
We did it and it looks great. Bath time. Reading. Early bed.

Good Work staying sober, Everyone!
Old 04-18-2021, 09:28 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Never tire of the sober Monday morning feeling.

Bim , ha I had to smile about your brain looking for a wallet in that spot when you pass. Reminds me of a road that crosses over a small railway bridge near where we live (the railway is disused now).
One day driving over it, we just got over the ‘bump’ in the road and there was a ginger cat, strolling nonchalantly across the narrow road.

We had to brake hard whilst the cat did move a bit faster to the other side (of the road, not the rainbow)
Now every time I pass that spot I expect to see Ginger cat even though it has never happened since.

MesaMan, gorgeous pic of Mesapup. So cute.

Grateful, how satisfying eating your home grown veggies. We grow a few tomatoes cucumbers and peppers. The tomatoes taste so much better than shop bought ones.

Mizz, well done on the fence hanging. It’s great when it’s finished and you can see what you’ve accomplished.

It’s my dear father-in-law’s funeral tomorrow morning, so I may not get here tomorrow.
I must say though through the last three weeks I haven’t thought about or wanted to drink alcohol.

Many years ago, when my own mum died and my dad some years later I was a mess of booze and emotions. Looking back I see drinking didn’t help or relieve anything but just added to the grief and emotions.

Without booze I’m able to function, grieve and help my husband’s family through the last few weeks.

Thankyou each and everyone of you all for being here and a special thanks to Bim for covering the Weekenders thread the last few weeks. It’s been a refreshing change reading your opening posts.

Old 04-18-2021, 11:56 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Morning all

This morning is my three month review with the nurse at my Doctor's practice. I'm diabetic (type 2) and I'm struggling to get my blood sugars under control. I changed medication last time and while my readings on a morning are better they are still higher than they should be. I think I need to re-evaluate what I eat as sometimes I get high spikes in my blood glucose levels after eating a meal. One good thing though, this time connected with me not drinking alcohol since January, I had a liver function test a few weeks ago and all the readings came back fine and were showing as normal. That was after two months without alcohol. The previous readings back in early January had been very elevated. Hopefully, whatever damage I may have done to my liver has been halted.
Old 04-19-2021, 01:09 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you get a good result Robbie

D
Old 04-19-2021, 01:21 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Magsie

Robbie, I hope all goes well with your three month review.
Old 04-19-2021, 04:35 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Mags, best wishes for a peaceful day of remembrance tomorrow.

Robbie, I hope you get a handle on your diabetes. I've had to make big food changes after my blood pressure scare, too. We're not getting any younger. Well, I'm not.
Old 04-19-2021, 05:16 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Thanks all and Mags it's good that at such a trying time you haven't thought about alcohol.

Bim, I'm on medication for high blood pressure. Thankfully that seems to be under control as my daily blood pressure monitor readings are fine. I know I could get things a lot more under control (diabetes especially, my cholestreol is now fine since I stopped drinking) by changing my diet. I'm a bit of a lazy (i.e. useless) cook who has never really learned to eat healthily. That is my next aim - eat better and lose some weight.
Old 04-19-2021, 05:23 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Oh, Mizz, I meant to mention your fence. I thought about you guys as I walked past a house that has a guy living there who recently put up a fence himself. But he also built a huge cement block retaining wall around the front of his property and then put the fence on top. He is really something! He's done almost all of it single-handedly.

Well done, fence-hangers.
Old 04-19-2021, 05:52 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Oh, Mizz, I meant to mention your fence. I thought about you guys as I walked past a house that has a guy living there who recently put up a fence himself. But he also built a huge cement block retaining wall around the front of his property and then put the fence on top. He is really something! He's done almost all of it single-handedly.

Well done, fence-hangers.
That is impressive! There is a house about a mile away with a man who installed his fence. I got to see it from start to finish as I ran by every other day. I am super impressed with this work. I was able to tell him one morning as he was out there doing the finishing touches. People who can do these types of things really do impress me.

We went in with an "I CAN DO THIS" attitude. That attitude really set the stage for a job well done.

The neighbor and I talked about how Lily was not going to have her throughway any longer. Apparently Our cat is quite the character for both households! haha. My neighbor told me that Lily needed therapy. At least I am not the only one who thinks this!
Old 04-19-2021, 08:20 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Hi Weekenders, Happy Monday. I'm trying to talk myself into the HAPPY part of that statement. I have a bit of the case of the Mondays. I had a lovely weekend, managing to almost forget about work worries. Went for a long, beautiful hike with my man friend yesterday at a state park about and hour from my home, and got all deliciously worn out. Didn't have my usual two-in-the-morning-wake-up-and-worry thing last night, thank goodness. But upon waking this morning it all came rushing in, and the weather changed drastically overnight, as well. It was snowing a little when I got up, and quite blustery. The weekend was mostly sunny and in the 60's. The change had me wanting to stay curled up at home in my comfy rocker with a cup of tea all day.

But I'm here at work, tackling problems, and wonderfully clear-headed and feeling capable. Quite the change from Mondays of the past when dragging myself to work was so painful and many Mondays were wasted days. Being sober makes even a case of the Mondays bearable, if not exactly happy.

(Bonus points to anyone who can tell me what movie "a case of the Mondays" is from)
Old 04-19-2021, 11:01 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
saoutchik

You got me on that one MLD51.

All the best Mags, sending a Covid secure virtual hug.

Good luck Robbie, learning to cook is probably even more important than learning to drive.

Glorious day in London, a bit irritating that I had to go in to work but still enjoyable.
Old 04-19-2021, 01:43 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Good Monday to all you Weekenders! It was a beautiful weekend here!

I had a bit of a rough weekend dealing with some anger issues! I am so grateful that I could come on here and get great advise and vent!

Day 28 today and I find that to be a miracle!

So grateful for 28 days sober!!

[img]blob:https://www.soberrecovery.com/07913e9c-d23d-4448-b698-b4c2d38cf73d[/img]

A huge shout out to all that have been a big help in this! Dee, Bim, Least, Driguy, Anna, Delilah,Hevyn, Cascabel and please forgive me if I missed you on this list!

Thanks to you all!
[img]blob:https://www.soberrecovery.com/c9c09a9b-cf78-4db8-aec5-c67cc3a5a60e[/img]

Last edited by adrunk42long; 04-19-2021 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-19-2021, 01:54 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

^
Congratulations on 28 days ad42!
Old 04-19-2021, 04:13 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

MLD, that movie would be Office Space!
Old 04-19-2021, 05:17 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

AD42L that’s fantastic! 4 weeks
Old 04-19-2021, 06:01 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Office Space looks like a funny movie.

AD42L, that IS great.

Mizz, I have a 'stretch' of fence I need to put up now.

Robbie, I hope you are able to manage the blood pressure and diabetes.
Old 04-19-2021, 06:30 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am so grateful for being sober. It's so natural and normal to be a non drinker. I told my brother tonight that any time I think of wine (or any alcohol), it turns my stomach and actually makes me feel sick. It used to bother me going down, or near, the wine aisle at the store. Now I pass it and only feel gratitude that I don't imbibe any more.