Notices

Weekenders April 15-22

Old 04-18-2021, 12:54 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders

Sunday mornings sober never get old. Even before my drinking became a problem I would associate Sunday mornings with being hungover. It's great just to be able to get out of bed and relax on a Sunday morning without feeling rough from the night before.

Mags mentioning driving and alcohol reminded me that I had a bit of a strange drinking dream last night. In the dream I wasn't actually drinking but but was already drunk and was trying to get away with driving a car without anyone noticing I'd been drinking. What makes it strange is I can't drive, I took lessons in my mid 20s but never took them long enough to put in for my test (that was when my drinking was getting out of hand and I decided to stop taking driving lessons for that reason). Quite why I'd be dreaming I was driving I don't know. Maybe someone can work out what my dream was meant to signify as I'm not able to work it out.
Old 04-18-2021, 05:19 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday Weekenders.

So this weekend I managed to put up two rain awnings at the kitchen back door and garage side entrance door. Also managed to sort out a hardware cabinet and even meticulously sorted small things such as nails, screws, picture mounting clips, heat shrink and solder, various types of glue, pliers and nuts and bolts according to category and size. Sadly, I realized that I have more screws than what I could ever hope put to use during the remainder of my time on this earth.

Anyway, the Monte Carlo Masters final (men’s tennis) starts in a hour so I have that to look forward to. Isn’t it nice to spend a Sunday afternoon not dreading the Monday’s hangover!

Old 04-18-2021, 05:29 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 4 months sober CBS!

Robbie, learning to drive would be a great tangible reward for the winning the struggle against booze.
Old 04-18-2021, 06:04 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I'm okay analyzing my own dreams, but someone else's?

Happy sober Sunday, ya'll. My favorite day. It's going to be warm again today. I've been sleeping with the big fan on for a couple days. Excellent. The down comforter has stayed folded!

I'm calling Summer, regardless of when the equinox is.
Old 04-18-2021, 06:27 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Checking in for Sunday ~ I actually did an exercise video this morning! No way that would've happened if I drank yesterday....think I'll do some guided meditation and go to my mom's to check on the garden....and brat cat of course

See you all in a little while!
Old 04-18-2021, 06:39 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday!
I woke up and got on here and thought "It's BB's favorite day!"

We are hanging the fence this morning. This should not be hard. Im not saying it should be a breeze but I always like to think that we are not building a rocket ship and therefore we CAN do this! One piece of wood at a time. GO US!
Have a wonderful day, ALL!
Old 04-18-2021, 10:23 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Nuffin' like a Sober Sunday to remind me of how much better Life is out the Swamp. Understated Swamp Rocker J.J. Cale says all he has to say in this one:

'The Breeze' ~ J.J. Cale ~ Live

Dog Training School yesterday went well. I built our Beds outta Redwood on the high side so we tall Adult_y types could sit comfortably to, say, put on Shoes. The growing MesaPup can now leap up on these Beds effortlessly, so Life is officially back to normal 'round here. A small Lizard got in the House yesterday, so that'll be fun when *Mister Retriever* spots Wildlife inside.

We went our separate ways yesterday. MesaMate met a Gal Pal for Lunch, and a new Friend from Denver in town to run a Marathon. Wild Man, here, dropped off our Recycling. The fresh Bagels she brought Home made for a tasty Brekkie Sammich this Morning whipped up by moi. The Dog Park beckons now in a bit; thanks to sunny Weather and 65 F [18 C] temps today. I Speed Walk Laps while MesaPup cavorts and learns the ropes of Dog Tribes. This stellar Weather caused me to start surfing on-line for RV Trailer Camp spots in new locations to explore next Month.

Thanks for the Opener, Bim. I know that Honesty isn't any more negotiable than is Sobriety at this point, but well done on getting that Wallet back to the Owner...

Old 04-18-2021, 10:59 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

^
so cute!
Old 04-18-2021, 11:31 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone. Now every time I walk past That Spot, I expect to find a wallet.

Brains are weird.

Now I want a bagel.
Old 04-18-2021, 11:32 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
II'm calling Summer, regardless of when the equinox is.
I read somewhere that it was this week, so it must be Summer
Old 04-18-2021, 12:47 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I have a ton of fresh bageIs.....cyber sooting one your way dear bim. s
Old 04-18-2021, 12:51 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

In 2021, the equinox was on March 20 at 09:37 UTC
Old 04-18-2021, 12:57 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

108 Days!! Im actually starting to look forward to monday mornings and going back to work that week Before sobriety, I would drink to oblivion on weekends and dread the coming mondays but at the time of my drunken bliss...I didn’t care one iota...

The regrets of dragging myself to work on monday mornings at that time were horrible. Never wanna see those days again

Things are so much better now...YES, there are rough days, mild paws, and anxiety, but still considered in early recovery so I’ll continue to march forward in this journey of sobriety
Old 04-18-2021, 12:58 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Venus, I'm on limited bread. Bagels are pretty high calorie and high salt, neither of which help me in my goals.

I'd still like one, though. Thank you. A cyber bagel would probably be okay.
Old 04-18-2021, 01:13 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Keep it going, Introvrtd1. You're doing great. Mondays are not the enemy, alcohol is.
Old 04-18-2021, 01:14 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I was mindfuI of that....I figured the caIories wouId dissipate during traveI. s xx
Old 04-18-2021, 01:15 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I was mindfuI of that....I figured the caIories wouId dissipate during traveI. s xx

oooh. That's one I hadn't heard before. I'm using it.

I've heard that food eaten standing up doesn't count and pieces of broken cookies have no calories because the calories leaked out when they broke.

Neither of which I have found to be true, no matter how much I want them to be.
Old 04-18-2021, 01:57 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Spring planted

Happy weekend all. Got some early veggies planted today. Prior to recovery, that is something that either would not have happened or would have happened at some point ... maybe by June. In which case, they would no longer be early veggies! I love fresh garden vegetables in summer and it is great to be reconnecting with things that I used to love about different seasons. Just starting small, with a few veggies this year.
Old 04-18-2021, 02:01 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
oooh. That's one I hadn't heard before. I'm using it.

I've heard that food eaten standing up doesn't count and pieces of broken cookies have no calories because the calories leaked out when they broke.

Neither of which I have found to be true, no matter how much I want them to be.
I heard that it’s not the calories in food that makes our clothes tight.
It’s the naughty elves in the wardrobe that sew our clothes a little bit smaller at night .....
Old 04-18-2021, 02:06 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Grateful09, the planting sounds soothing and Spring-y. Edibles or just for pure enjoyment? And, yeah, I'm in Washington and I'm loving the weather. Just back from my two hour walk and starving~ well, not exactly starving but hungry.
Biminiblue: A two hour walk - inspiring! Planting veggies. I am discovering how much I can reconnect with things I used to enjoy doing before weekends became a boozy blur! And yes, I agree about the weather, though we're hearing dire warnings about fire danger, which, after last summer, has everyone sitting up and listening. Rain again next week though.