Notices

Weekenders April 1-7. I won't drink this weekend.

Old 04-02-2021, 05:26 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

welcome newies
Old 04-02-2021, 06:09 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
I’m saving all my black jellybeans for you two
LOL
Thank you
Not a fan of those either but I will give them to my mother. She loves em!
Old 04-02-2021, 08:12 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Enjoy the pics— first two are from golf course, last one I took out passenger window on way home tonight.

Got my bleach strips on teeth, had yummy pizza for dinner, took a shower during my bewitching hour.

keep well and sober, friends!
Old 04-02-2021, 09:45 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Lots of new faces, welcome.

Mags, I hope you and family are doing ok.

My new mattress is being delivered today - expect lots of moaning tomorrow while I adapt.

My GP was muttering about hip replacement the other day. Not yet, but if we can't manage the pain. She is understandably refusing to give me strong pain medications due to my addictions.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:39 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Samantha

After 2.5 months sober, I drank 3 weeks ago, but not since then. I'm feeling better already. It's almost 2am here, but I work til 5am. Same tomorrow.

It's a long weekend and although I work I still want to celebrate a bit so tomorrow we are having Chinese food. Personally I don't want it...I want to eat a whole pie with iced cream lol
Old 04-03-2021, 01:01 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders

Welcome to the new posters in this thread.

Mags, I hope you and Mr Mags are OK.

Kaily, I bought a new mattress back in 2015 and can remember it took a few weeks for me to get used to it. I had backache from my old mattress. The backache cleared after a couple of weeks but then I began to get an aching right leg in its place! That too eventually cleared but a new mattress can help ease pressure on some parts of the body while putting more pressure on others. Give it time though, I'm sure it will be fine.

I plan on doing very little today. Washing is in the machine, breakfast soon then I'll be doing some shopping. Home for football this afternoon.
Old 04-03-2021, 01:33 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I'm in for the weekend. Have a good one everyone!
Old 04-03-2021, 02:23 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Very nice pictures free.
Old 04-03-2021, 04:43 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I was awake at 6:30am after just 4 hours sleep. For years, this was my regular sleep pattern but I was drinking on a daily basis. There is no worse feeling than waking up early in the morning after a night of drinking and then having to wait 3-4 hours until the liquor store opens. I would get this intense anxiety and sense of impending doom when the alcohol wears off and a 3 hour wait until I can get 'relief ' felt more like 3 days.

I am relieved that I woke up sober this morning and just needed a coffee instead of a beer. I hated being part of the crowd of drunks that loiter outside the liquor store 10 minutes before opening.....
Old 04-03-2021, 04:50 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Free2Be, you have quite a good life. Skiing, golf, bleach strips. Keep alcohol out of it and just imagine how lovely it will be.

Robbie I remember when I had a washing machine.

Mesa, that pic of MesaPup is so cute. As always, good to see you.

Magsy, thanks for checking in. You are missed but I'm glad to hear you're "ticking along." That sounds quite British and I'm hoping it means you're okay and taking life as it comes.

Kaily, a new hip might be the right thing...

I went to get my fillings yesterday and the nurse scared the bejeebus out of me about my blood pressure. I guess Covid isolation, being worried, having a sprained ankle and not being able to exercise has caught up to me. That and bacon. Bacon can't be good for the heart, I'm guessing.

I did walk yesterday. I will today. No bacon. Lots of plants in the food today. The only real risk factors I have are salt and not exercising enough recently. Well, that and both parents dying fairly young of heart disease. Calling my doctor.
Old 04-03-2021, 05:27 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Bim, it's definitely a good idea to call your doctor. If there is a problem it's better to nip it in the bud now rather than having to deal with any consequences afterwards.

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I am relieved that I woke up sober this morning and just needed a coffee instead of a beer. I hated being part of the crowd of drunks that loiter outside the liquor store 10 minutes before opening.....
That brings back bad memories of what I was like at my worst. This was back when I would sit up all night drinking. There was an shop that sold alcohol just a two minute walk from me that opened at 7.30am. I would be stood outside at 7.20am waiting for it to open. Invariably there would be a handful of other people - usually the same people - stood waiting for the shop to open. The shop owner brought forward shop opening to 7am and the same crowd (myself included) would be stood outside at 6.50am instead...
Old 04-03-2021, 06:10 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Now I want to know your BP number bim Iove. s

And yes, gorgeous pictures Free. Thank you for sharing. ❤️
Old 04-03-2021, 06:20 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

BB, Maybe your BP was through the roof due to being at the dentist. I have a very strange relationship with dentistry and have noticed that my BP is not in the normal range when I sit down in the chair.

1) It scares me
2) Ive had so much work done on my mouth that its almost been traumatizing
3) All those loud machines, drills, suction things, talking (Why oh why do they ask us questions? Its impossible to talk with tools and hands in your mouth)
4) Money. Dentistry is so darn expensive. Ill save some money and then its Murphys law that something in my mouth has acted up.
5) My dental hygenist looks like she is going to space with all the gear she is wearing. Its strange and uncomfortable.
6) The shots.....Gosh....Those are painful. Then the subsequent drool and not being able to eat or drink for many hours.
7) The deep cleanings I get take so much time and that weird pokey vibrating things always hurts and its very uncomfortable.

So......Maybe it was just that you were at the dentist?
Old 04-03-2021, 06:36 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I agree with you Mizz, it's always (and only) at the dentist. My regular doctor visits have never been alarming. However, and point taken, Ms. Hygienist, I haven't been keeping up with my exercise since I sprained my ankle and ham and cheese has made a return to my food rotation. Plus, it's not like we've been at all stressed lately, amirite?

The other thing in this case is that the hygienist/nurse just wouldn't let it go. She just kept poking at me about it. I really wanted to tell her, "You made your point, now let it GOOOOOOOOO." She followed me to the front desk and gave me a whole list of things to do...then told me (as she stood there in the obese weight range) that she had lowered her salt intake because she had high blood pressure.

So, as you and I well know, Mizz....projection, much?
Old 04-03-2021, 06:57 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

BB.
Stress? Whats there to stress about? Being in a pandemic with world wide death and wondering if we are going to expire ourselves or give this virus to others is not stressful at all. I mean, job loss is not stressful. Lack of human connection and contact is not stressful. Walking around in masks and hand sanitizing like crazy is not stressful. The subsequent illnesses from all the sanitizing and precautions is not stressful. Fear? fear is not stressful. Not knowing where money is going to come from is not stressful. Everything breaking all at once is not stressful. Then trying to take care of ourselves and others throughout all of this thing that "feels" never ending is not stressful.
I mean.....There is nothing to be stressed about, BB!
Old 04-03-2021, 07:10 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Good to be sober today. Just got my Ativan prescription so everything is pleasant.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:17 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

I'm curious why you'd have your blood pressure taken at the dentist? I've heard of 'White Coat Syndrome' but I imagine 'Dentist's Bill Syndrome' is just as bad for your BP lol.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:22 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by andyh View Post
I'm curious why you'd have your blood pressure taken at the dentist? I've heard of 'White Coat Syndrome' but I imagine 'Dentist's Bill Syndrome' is just as bad for your BP lol.

andyh, in the U.S. for a few years now the dentists do a quick blood pressure reading.

Some of the drugs they use have epinephrine in them, and they won't use them in patients with high blood pressure. HBP is so common and dental office anxiety so high that I'm sure it's a liability issue.

I really don't think dental hygienists should be practicing medicine, though. She just wouldn't stop talking. I think she had dentist office anxiety (or pandemic anxiety) herself.

...and Mizz, you get me.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:33 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Bim, thanks for kind words, yes I have a lot to be grateful for. Want to live long to enjoy it, although being sober doesn’t guarantee a long life, it sure does guarantee a guilt free life which is priceless.

yes, please go to your Dr.

Cityboy, glad you like the pics too😀

Hi Suze, WL, FF, Andyh, Robbie, Countrystix🙂

Today more golf in Denver, then going to friends to spend the night and have Easter dinner tomorrow.

Will check back in later during my bewitching hour, which might be a little awkward and my friends will serve alcohol drinks. Weird how everyone in most de eloped countries think that everyone should drink the poison, and we must be weird if we don’t. 😩

love,

Free

Old 04-03-2021, 07:37 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Oh, and hi again PJ!

Fishkiller, Kaily, and sorry if I didn’t go back far enough

Kittencat, that was soooo funny! How do you know I also abhor back jelly beans? Also black licorice for that matter.🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢

Anyway, no Easter candy for this lady, going to lose 7 lbs in just over three weeks by not eating empty calories. Easier when I don’t give myself the munchies with a buzz on, for sure. That, and no inflammatory response in my body to alcohol should be a win win.