Notices

Day 6 - making good decisions

Old 03-31-2021, 03:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 - making good decisions

I had a VERY stressful day re my son yesterday BUT unlike last week, I didn’t drink and I have decided to hand everything over to the Student Welfare Officer of the University who is responsable for pastoral care. I’ve done my bit. I am legally out of it because of the Non Molestation Order and someone else can intervene if they feel like it ( he won’t listen anyway ). I feel better for having decided that.
i have a work project which is unnecessarily complicated - people showing off using fancy terms when simple ones will do (who calls listing health-related documents in an Excel file ‘curating artefacts‘ ?? ) !! :-) So I have simplified everything and am getting on with my tasks . Slept only 3 hours last night though so brain fog very bad. Hoping coffee and nice glass of orange juice will fix it ! Have a great day everyone !
Old 03-31-2021, 05:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great work.
I really hate it when situations are turned into overcomplicated scenarios. I deal with that sort of "behavior" a lot in my work. I just ran into this recently and had to call out the "Language" and how we were saying the exact same thing but using different words. Anyways....humans are funny.

Yes, let someone else deal with your sons scenario. Perhaps he will eventually decide to participate in his own life and clean up his own messes.

Sober on!
Old 03-31-2021, 12:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's annoying when people purposely complicate things. Simplicity is best.

I think you have done the best thing by handing over responsibility to the Student Welfare Office. They are equipped to deal with problems, and you have done all you can.
Old 03-31-2021, 04:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you get some rest tonight ICDT