Notices

Day 3 I知 giving in on everything

Old 03-28-2021, 05:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 I知 giving in on everything

Day 3 since I gave in to alcohol. I also just gave into my son and gave him 」500.... I am so pathetic and have to get a grip !
Old 03-28-2021, 06:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just don't drink ICDT. No need to beat yourself up. You have to get your head straight before you can make sound decisions.. None of us know the full situation over there with your son and these things are complicated. I was told once by my therapist that I was makiing "living amends" to someone in helping them financially because I felt guilty over my past behavior. The problem with that is it keeps them from learning to be responsible for themselves. And of course it harms us as well.

Just don't drink and work on your recovery.

Congrats on three days!
Old 03-28-2021, 06:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

As I said before, your situation is very similar to that of my friend from rehab Genevieve. Her sons act the idiot and she gives into them. She had to go to court to get protection orders against both of them. One smokes a lot of cannabis and the other drinks vodka. The latter was arrested for drink driving about a month ago. The younger one is still at school and is constantly asking for money to buy cannabis.
Old 03-28-2021, 06:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, I agree with advbike. Stay sober, focus on you and get past this. You gave your son some money, but you're going to get through Day 3, sober and focused. 3 days of sobriety is great.
Old 03-28-2021, 07:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. I’m in no danger of drinking but sooooo annoyed with myself. He borrows money from pseudocriminals who then demand it back with interest which increases every day and if you don’t pay, they threaten/attack you .. at least that’s what he says - of course it may well not be true but just to get me to pay up ! :-(
Old 03-28-2021, 07:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Advbike is correct here.....We are not in your situation. Its easy to throw out advice but unless I am in your shoes I really dont understand the dynamic in its entirety. The grips someone can have on us. The cycles that we get in. The way things play out in our lives.

Maya Angelou:
"Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better."
Old 03-28-2021, 07:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Remaining sober is more important than the 500 pounds.

Just stay sober.

Old 03-28-2021, 04:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

If I知 not mistaken, would this not be a violation of his restraining order? Did you report it to the police?