Notices

Almost 2 months free, scared of relapse

Old 03-31-2021, 11:30 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fishkiller View Post

Catfish and snakehead it's release in grease for all of em! LOL

Fishkiller just sounded cool when trying to come up with a handle here
I don’t think it’s cool. I guess I’m the one on the wrong site. Thank you for being honest.
Old 03-31-2021, 11:48 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I would like to delete myself here, and everything I’ve written. Can someone please help me do so?
Old 03-31-2021, 11:50 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Please
Old 03-31-2021, 11:52 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
I don’t think it’s cool. I guess I’m the one on the wrong site. Thank you for being honest.
I apologize if I offended you but please don't leave because of me.

I will stop posting on your thread if you like.

Please stick around, you are doing great.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:17 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Have you read Yeats? When you are old?

But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you, And loved the sorrows of your changing face.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:30 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I have not. When you are old, is that the title?

I downloaded Kindle a few weeks back and have been looking for good books to read.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:20 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi kittencat,

I just read through this thread. First off, very sorry about your mom. I had a somewhat similar scenario a few years ago with my father going through all the challenges and increasing limitations of old age, all the gradual decline both physically and mentally. He lived on a different continent on top and I was an only child, but we were really close... it was a very difficult couple years. Towards the end, I had to deal with those dilemmas and decisions regarding his care in full capacity, because he lost his mental abilities to do so. But it was totally bizarre, because my dad was one of the most independent, self-sufficient, self-made people I've ever known - very similar to me in many ways. He definitely didn't want to live in a care facility and even resisted hiring an aid. In the end it was a bit easier because he just could not do even the basic self-care things. He would not have resisted me moving there to care for him though, but never asked for it directly, it just became obvious. I definitely considered it, but in the end it would have been so much in opposition with who I am, my own goals and preferences, would have been way more sacrifice than I was willing to make, probably to my detriment.

What sort of resolved it was a lucky situation that his neighbors were a large Christian family, who cared for many people out of mere devotion and sense of duty, and did it for him until his last few weeks, when he had to go to the hospital after a serious fall/injuries. Everything went downhill quickly from that. I traveled there and spent the mast month visiting him every day, desperately looking for facilities that would have taken him because, for a while, it was a more likely outcome that he would have to leave the hospital and live somewhere else, severely disabled. At that point, an alternative didn't even occur to me to a full-time nursing home. I finally found a couple good ones, ironically, on the very day when I got the call from the hospital that he passed away. But even before that, I dealt with his DNR order (because the docs still wanted to treat him aggressively and I know from him from earlier on, while still mentally able, that he would not have wanted that) and some conflicts with another relative who despised letting go. The whole experience was heartbreaking, but I was so happy to be able to be there at least in the last month and see him daily. It led to an almost magical sense of closure and mental peace for me in the end, which never changed. I never regretted or even questioned that the decisions I made regarding his care (and my life in relation to it) were the best ones. I wasn't even sober during that time, didn't drink everyday but definitely on/off the whole time, and still...

Just wanted to share this story. Also that it's completely normal to be hypersensitive and vulnerable when dealing with such a situation. I also had many impulses to flee SR since the very first time I signed up, I think that was in 2010 - a long time ago. I even closed my account twice - once only for a week, but second time for years. Not because anyone said anything offensive or I didn't like what I saw, but because it became another obsession for me, intimately intertwined with my drinking. However, escaping didn't help resolve my drinking at all. Now I just remain highly aware of similar impulses, where they come from, and play tape through, before I escape anything on a whim or really believe those voices in my head.

People here usually suggest that we ramp up our recovery tools while undergoing challenging periods. Not sure what you are using, but maybe try some more, if for nothing else, to help take your mind off some. Hang in there!
Old 03-31-2021, 02:46 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hmmm... someone here with REM is on, I wonder if he’s listening to Life’s Rich Pageant
Old 03-31-2021, 03:16 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

https://youtu.be/_uU5DU7P83E
Old 03-31-2021, 03:23 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Aellyce, you write so well. I will reply tomorrow, making music is all I can do right now. x
Old 03-31-2021, 03:28 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kittencat, I have sent you a PM.
Old 03-31-2021, 03:51 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
Hmmm... I wonder what name? My mom’s, my neighbors? How do I get it off?
it's best to just link to a picture itself - if you link to an icloud page or whatever, your name will likely be all over it.

I'm glad to hear that. Being comfortable in who you are is key to making this work.
I no longer feel the need to be anonymous either. Retired, not looking for employment and no longer embarrassed by who I am / Was.
Sure but that pic stays there forever.

In 5 years time you might be going for a new job or meet a new guy, or something else happens to make you less comfortable about having personal details here.

With that in mind I replaced the link with just the picture.

ps I hope you decide not to leave. We may not agree over everything but we all share a common goal in recovery

D

Old 04-01-2021, 03:53 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thank you for deleting my posts with pics! I like my privacy and didn’t think about how private this site may or may not be. 😊
Old 04-01-2021, 04:16 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I just had my first vaccine shot yesterday and have been in and out of fevers and my throat is so sore. Everything is sore! Side effects from the vaccine or did I somehow get the virus and it’s just now showing? Waiting for 8AM to call my doctor. 🤒🤕🤧
Old 04-01-2021, 07:35 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fishkiller View Post
I apologize if I offended you but please don't leave because of me.

I will stop posting on your thread if you like.

Please stick around, you are doing great.
You didn’t offend me, I’m sorry I gave you a hard time about fishing! I shouldn’t have. 😔

I shouldn’t have even been posting last night as I was panicking about vaccine side effects and my fever was raging. Instead of drunk posting I was fever posting? 🤔
Ha, I doubt that’s even possible.
Old 04-01-2021, 12:51 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your doctor put your mind at ease kittencat and hope you’re feeling better.

D
Old 04-01-2021, 01:01 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hey Kittencat ~ thinking of you honey. s ❤️
Old 04-01-2021, 01:04 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!

She just told me to get some Tylenol and take it every 6 hours along with my Benadryl- allergy season here and it’s a bad one. If I get worse call her. I just woke up and still feel horrid but the Tylenol did bring down the fever.
Old 04-01-2021, 01:05 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hey Kittencat ~ thinking of you honey. s ❤️
venuscat! 💗
Old 04-01-2021, 01:10 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Sounds Iike you have had a reaIIy bad reaction to the vaccination Iove. s
I hope the tyIenoI etc heIps a Iot. xxxx