Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

How’s your sober tools this weekend. 26- 29 March 2021 Weekenders

Notices

How’s your sober tools this weekend. 26- 29 March 2021 Weekenders

Old 03-25-2021, 07:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Andy,
sorry Mags, didn't mean to startle you
Old 03-25-2021, 08:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Magsie

Saou, great plan!

Andy, With your digger and Saou’s balloon it’ll soon be on its way!
Old 03-25-2021, 08:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

First covid jab went well! I barely felt it, and so far I feel fine. I expect I might feel tired earlier than usual tonight, so I need to tell my daughter and granddaughter to keep it quiet! So far, only my daughter has been staying at my house. She's been filling in for a sick co-worker, so working later than her normal shift, so my granddaughter has been with her dad.
Old 03-25-2021, 08:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I didn't know about the ship that was aground. This could cause another run on toilet paper. Luckily I learned that lesson a year ago. I have enough of everything except produce, bread, milk, and eggs.

Whew.

MLD, I'm two weeks post second Pfizer jab now. I would think I'm as bulletproof as I'm going to get. . . for now. I didn't have any noticeable side-effects on either one.

In.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm in for the weekend! My biggest and best sober tool is Gratitude! When I am grateful, my attitude is much more positive and I am content with what I have.
Old 03-25-2021, 09:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm in. My tools right now are SR, doing the action items every day in my 30 Day Sobriety book, journaling every day, and going to church. I also started meeting with a counselor periodically. I'm happy I found the 24 hr thread in the forums, and will try to participate in the gratitude thread since gratitude seems important based upon the posts I'm reading.
Old 03-25-2021, 12:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is my day 100 sober! Suffering with PAWS but committed to staying sober. SR is my favorite tool right now. I need to work on the gratefulness. Hope to see my granddaughter this weekend and take some hikes. Also getting my first jab Saturday!

Anyone with PAWS please post in the link: https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-2-a-13.html (For those tortured by PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms) and who fear they might go mad Part 2)

Old 03-25-2021, 12:45 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

In! Thanks Mags and andyh. As the saying goes, the right tool for the job and a poor craftsman blames his tools.

Old 03-25-2021, 01:52 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Congrats on your sober time CBS62! x

Late night for me, it’s nearly 9pm and not yet in bed lol!! Life on the wild side hehe Anyhow, going to bed now sober on the close of Day 10. Another hangover free morning to look forward to!

Take Care everyone and see you tomorrow x
Old 03-25-2021, 01:53 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Nite Iove! ❤️
Old 03-25-2021, 03:37 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Night Manta x

Congratulations on 100 days CBS!

Good morning everyone

I’m feeling headachey and out of sorts this morning. I’m going to have a cuppa and then perhaps go for a walk in the rain. Hopefully that sorts me out a bit. I’ll be using all my sober tools today as it’s Friday and I have the day off and I’m feeling pretty low. I’m only on day 11 sober and I don’t want to wreck my sobriety yet again by drinking when I’m down. The AV is a sneaky b**** and launches heavy attacks when I’m down, so I’m preempting it and posting here.
In the past I haven’t posted when I’m struggling. But that tactic really doesn’t work. Funny that. SR is one of my big tools, so why don’t I use it when I really need it? Because I don’t like to bother people so I try to do it on my own, and I don’t like to bring the mood down so I stay quiet. My age-old people pleasing habit. I really need to work on letting some of that go. At the moment, maintaining my sobriety is more important than worrying about what other people think, or offending someone or upsetting someone or bringing the mood down.

So here I am. I refuse to let the AV have any headspace. I have enough cra* in there already without letting the AV in as well lol. I’m off to make a cuppa. I’ll be back, hopefully in a better mood.

I’m really grateful to you all, and I apologise for the long whiney post x
Old 03-25-2021, 04:01 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Keep posting Willow. Like you I often don't want to post unless it's posting something positive. When the AV is kicking in I too tend to not post. But that's the most important time of all to post. Hopefully you'll feel a bit better after a cuppa. In the meantime I'm off to bed as it's 11pm here so it's both a good night and a good morning from me!
Old 03-25-2021, 04:08 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thanks Robbie
Goodnight, I hope you sleep well.

I’m out of bed and having a nice cup of tea right now and watching the chickens out in the garden. The rain has eased off and they’re really enjoying a scratch around
Old 03-25-2021, 04:41 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Another great topic ~ Thanks Mags

I like to check into SR as a tool to stay on track....also being mindful of how easy it can be for me to slip back into drinking....I don't want to get complacent like I have in the past.

I can relate to you Willow ~ exercise is helpful but I've been slacking too.....

Guided meditation and stretching have been my go-to at least once a day

In for the weekend
Old 03-25-2021, 06:40 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Here’s Red scratching around the garden this morning ❤️

Old 03-25-2021, 06:41 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Willow, watching the chickens is like therapy. Good for the soul. Don't let the AV get you down.

Old 03-25-2021, 06:50 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

For the chicken-watchers: I've been watching this channel for a year now, I know most of his birds by name

KyletheRooster

https://www.youtube.com/c/KyletheRooster/videos
Old 03-25-2021, 07:11 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thanks Cityboy

Caramel I have seen that fella with his chickens, they’re fun to watch.
Old 03-25-2021, 07:15 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi everyone !

Hi Manta, Willow, Andy, PJ, Caramel, Saou, so many familiar lovely people. Love you all!❤️😍🥰

Thanks mags for starting the thread, good to be back. Ending day 2.

Number one tool, SR!!

Second tool, desire to be sober is more than my desire to feel guilt and self loathing.

Third tool is fear...... how much damage now?

I need all the brain and liver cells I can get.

Fourth tool—gratitude.

Working tomorrow, will check in inbetween patients 🤓

Free

Old 03-25-2021, 08:20 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Magsie

I think definitely post when your av is niggling at you. You won’t be putting us on a downer. We all help each other on SR. That’s how I learnt to keep sober. Just by putting your feelings down on paper (or the screen) can help. Getting further away from day one, your av will lose its voice and your sober muscles will strengthen.