Notices

Seem to really be struggling.

Old 03-22-2021, 08:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi all, I just wanted to give a quick update to this thread because there was a productive discussion that happened.

I talked to my boyfriend about the situation and what happened, what I was feeling, etc. He listened. While I don't think my reaction made much sense considering the other stuff that has been fine in the past, he still understood that it's a whole thing that changes and can be unpredictable. We're going to just continue being open about things and I'm going to let him know when I feel uncomfortable or if I'm in danger. He's willing to do what I need in order to make me feel safe there.

I feel a lot better about it a week or so after the fact. I feel solid in my sobriety and good that my boyfriend will support me. I've really appreciated all of your thoughts. I am trying to work on my recovery and anxiety with my therapist and know that no one else can make me drink except for me. I've never been more sure of that, and that's what makes me feel better when stuff like this happens. Thoughts are just thoughts and they can't make me do anything, no matter how strong they might be.