Notices

Peace From Mind

Old 03-28-2021, 10:45 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

You learn when you listen, never when you speak.

Does acting out of anger ever benefit you?

If there is no enemy within, the enemy outside can do no harm.

Regardless of your circumstances, you can still choose to fill your head with positive or negative thoughts. Your thoughts become your actions and your actions change your life. Start with good thoughts, this leads to good actions which leads to a good life.

Regardless of how you spend your time, it will pass. Might as well spend it on positive energy rather than negative.

Don't hold onto a boiling pot because of the time you spent boiling it. You can pivot and choose a different path.

Don't sabotage your future for momentary comfort and pleasure. Make the right decision now so your future self is in a better position than you are now.

May the flowers remind us of why the rain was so necessary. Be afraid of comfort and stagnation. Embrace change and challenge, accept growth.

Stay positive. Sometimes you don't even realize you're blocking your own blessings by thinking negatively and holding onto the past. Let it go.

Old 03-28-2021, 03:59 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Your body and mind is playing a game we no longer play. Your body and mind are programmed to play a game of survival and to accumulate all that it can to prepare for times of scarcity. However, we now live in times of constant overabundance. You can never consume enough and there is always more to consume. The key is too withdraw and change your programming. Pick and choose what you need and what deserves your focus. There will always be more there of anything if you need it.
Old 03-28-2021, 04:40 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

You could leave life right now. Let that determine what you do and say and think.

Don’t explain your philosophy. Embody it.

Whatever can happen at any time can happen today.

They lose the day in expectation of the night, and the night in fear of the dawn.

Old 03-28-2021, 04:53 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Speak only when you're certain what you say isn’t better left unsaid.

Calm mind. Healthy body.

Self-control is strength. Right thought is mastery. Calmness is power.

We should always be asking ourselves: “Is this something that is, or is not, in my control?

Choose not to be harmed — and you won’t feel harmed. Don’t feel harmed — and you haven’t been

External things are not the problem. It’s your assessment of them. Which you can erase right now

If you are pained by any external thing, it is not this thing that disturbs you, but your own judgment about it. And it is in your power to wipe out this judgment now

No great thing is created suddenly, any more than a bunch of grapes or a fig. If you tell me that you desire a fig, I answer that there must be time. Let it first blossom, then bear fruit, then ripen.

I have to die. If it is now, well then I die now; if later, then now I will take my lunch, since the hour for lunch has arrived – and dying I will tend to later.

Complaining does not work as a strategy. We all have finite time and energy. Any time we spend whining is unlikely to help us achieve our goals. And it won’t make us happier

Too many people believe that everything must be pleasurable in life.

Uncertainty is an uncomfortable position. But certainty is an absurd one.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be One

How long are you going to wait before you demand the best for yourself

Sometimes in life we must fight not only without fear, but also without hope

Keep your intention pure. Emotions will try to distract you. So keep going. That’s the cure.

Be so busy building your own life that other people’s ******** is of no concern

The phrase that I use the most to myself in my head is one word: accept

In order to protect ourselves, we must live like doctors and be continually treating ourselves with reason

We’re never unhappy until we remember why we’re supposed to be unhappy

For those who follow nature, everything is easy and straightforward, whereas for those who fight against her life is just like rowing against the stream

Many are the things that have caused terror during the night and been turned into matters of laughter with the coming of daylight

The most common act of violence is the relentless mental violence we perpetrate upon ourselves with nothing other than our thoughts

The most effective way to understand the dissonance between our thoughts about reality and reality itself is to consider how many times we’ve felt like our world is ending and how many times it actually has

You will never see me surrender, never see me cry, but you will often see me walk away. Turn around and just leave, without looking back.

After failure, it is possible to keep going– and to fail better
Old 03-29-2021, 04:11 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Why should I ask this or that from fate rather than demand of myself not to ask at all

Start now, no matter how small the step

You can't run away from your own company

It is human to feel angry. It's childish to be controlled by anger.

Don't let pain reside in your heart when instead it can be used for good

Even if you are tearing yourself apart, most people will continue doing the same things

A good day is built off good choices. A good life is built off good days. Don't keep making the same bad choices if you know how to fix them.

Nothing is constant but change.

It's only a problem if you let it be.

Fighting and arguing will not remove someone's criticism. You remove their criticism by believing in yourself.

I am like an hour in part of the day. Like an hour I must come and like an hour I must pass away.

How you interpret the challenge is what matters. You can interpret it as a lead ball chained around your ankle or as wings growing out of your shoulder blades. The challenge itself doesn't matter - how you perceive it does.

It's foolish to give up on yourself, doubly so before everyone else has given up on you.

Old 03-29-2021, 04:41 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Face your flaws in order to grow.

Make the right choices today so you can look back on tomorrow with gratitude.

Never let the future frighten you. You'll face it when it comes armed with the same tools you have now to face the present.

Nothing is a burden if it is taken lightly

Silence is often the wisest reply

Pain is neither intolerable or everlasting if you realize it has limits, and if you add nothing to it in imagination.

Acting angry means your lizard brain took control. Being calm means you stayed above your emotions.

The more time you spend in your discomfort zone, the more your comfort zone will expand.

Don't care about the outcome. Care about giving it your best shot, right here, right now.

Ignorance is the cause of fear.

To the wise, peace of mind is the result of being fine with how things are. To the foolish, peace of mind is the result of things being fine.

Only pay attention to things you have power to improve.

No man is good by chance

The choices you make now will define your character

Imagine you are on your death bed and are in pain that you wasted your time. Now is you second chance to make good use of it.

Old 04-01-2021, 09:38 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Both millionaires and prisoners have good and bad days
Old 05-23-2021, 08:47 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

What is the point of judging someone? You don't have all the facts and information. Keep in mind we always have a limited view of others. Judging them helps nothing and only serves to distance yourself from others.

Respond to insults with self-depreciating humor. This shows you don't take the insult, nor the insulter, seriously. It will also change your mindset from "Defensive" to "Fun"

Take periodic checks of the company you keep. You will always sink to the lowest level of company you keep.

Speak little and well. Don't gossip.

Your mind and thoughts are the primary source of your suffering.

Your goals should always be something in your control. For example, your goal should not be "Get a promotion" but "Put myself in the best possible situation to get promoted". There are too many external factors to make the goal itself external. For example, you can do everything right and still not get a promotion due to a bad economy. Your goal needs to be something you are in control of, not something external that you can only influence.

You can only influence the outcome, not control it. The ultimate goal should always be to do your best and be a virtuous person.

React to events as you would if they happened to an acquaintance. Almost nothing is as big a deal as we make it when it happens to us.
Remember every time you talk to someone, you are talking to a mortal.

When a negative event happens, view it not as bad fortune, but good fortune, as it gives you a chance to deal with this negative event in a positive way.

When we try to control someone or something, we are actually giving that person or thing control over us.

Muddied water clears when it is left alone.

We normally don't look at things so much as overlook them.

Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.
Old 05-23-2021, 09:54 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

The experience of failure is instrumental in long term success

Acknowledge the little wins you get throughout the day. They add up more to more than most big wins

Learning what not to do is still learning

Focus on the problems in the mirror instead of the problems through the window

Avoiding problems in order not to "Rock the boat" will eventually sink the boat
Old 05-24-2021, 01:59 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

When someone provokes you, it is really your opinion about their opinion that provokes you.

View life as a dinner party. If something comes that you want, take it in moderation. If something comes that you don't want, don't take it. If someone doesn't come to you, don't worry about it. If something is just out of reach, wait for it to come to you.

If you let your happiness depending on things you don't control, your happiness will depend on good or bad fortune.

You don't own anything. You borrow everything as everything will eventually be taken away. We often suffer loss before the thing is even taken away. Never view it as "I lost" something. View it as "I've returned" that thing.

It's great to enjoy people and/or things as long as we are prepared to lose them at any time.

People liking us has benefits, but those benefits are inferior to the peace of not caring if others like us.

The ongoing pursuit of being liked is exhausting and unpeaceful.

We must be content to be thought stupid if it brings us peace.

The degree in which other people's opinions effect us is in our control. We can form opinions about people's opinions.

What "Should have happened, should happen in the future, and should happen now" are prisons. People don't always act as we please.

There will always be someone offending someone and it's unrealistic to think otherwise. Be kind yourself, as that is all you have control over.

Don't wish for things to happen a certain way. Wish as things happen as they do happen. There is a lesson on anything.

A spouse can cheat on us and someone can steal our money. We can choose how much these things effect us.
Old 05-28-2021, 07:26 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hardships will pass but their lessons will always remain.

Rude, Ignorant and dishonest people can teach you patience, honesty, empathy and kindness

Speaking badly of people reflects negatively only on your own characters. Speak good of people and you will start to see good of everything, including yourself

You have been strong enough to make it through all your past struggles, and those struggles have only made you stronger. It is no doubt true that you are now strong enough to face and overcome the struggles of today
Old 05-28-2021, 07:51 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I'm glad that you are on track and posting these things again, Vincent
Old 05-28-2021, 07:56 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Take not of how much you would crave what you have if you didn't have it. Also, don't get so attached to those same items to where it would hurt you if you lost them.
Old 05-31-2021, 12:32 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Focus only on what you can control (your thoughts and actions).

It is of most important to understand what you can control.

What feels good is usually not good for you

Be in logical, rational control. Do not let emotions control you.

Objective statistics need to come before opinions.

Basing actions and decisions on "I feel like" is a recipe for success

Aimless dating is dating for short term pleasure - emotional decision.

You must track your progression so you can see the results of your actions.

Compete against only yourself from the day before. You are in a different race from other people.

It is a pleasure to endure pain.

Be calm in chaos.

Other people's sympathy won't change your life. You need to put in the work and take action.
Old 05-31-2021, 12:39 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

If you make a bad decision, it's almost always your fault.

A foolish man devours all he has.

If you plant corn, you will get corn. If you think you can't win, you won't even play.

Deal with reality instead of denying it. Play the card you were dealt, because that's all you can do. Complaining is a waste of time and energy.

It doesn't matter where you are coming from. What matters is where you are going.
Old 06-02-2021, 09:20 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Embrace failure. Failure build character. Just don't make a habit of it.

The first sign of a nervous collapse is the false belief that what you are doing is terribly, terribly important to the world.
Old 06-02-2021, 06:21 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

The sun is a relatively small star yet is much bigger than the earth. The sun is only one star is the galaxy. Our galaxy is only one of many. We are only a spec on Earth. Put in perspective how minor even bigger events like war are, let alone our day to day problems.

Other people's opinions of us our not in our control. So why worry about it?

We are never powerless unless we give up our thoughts and actions. Our thoughts and actions are under our control and the most powerful thing in our own universe.

View all of your own obstacles and enemies with detachment. There is power in indifference. Treat them as if they don't bother you at all. Treat it as if they were meant to happen.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:54 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Remove clutter and be deliberate with the resources that you have.

Your life gets better when you have knowledge tomorrow that you didn't have today and you apply it.
Old 06-04-2021, 07:42 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Don't care about the outcome. Care about doing your best.

The best answer to anger is silence.

Emotions are usually hijacked by false threats to our ego. We can't do our best if we are always on the defensive. Sometimes the best response to an external stimulation is no response at all.

What really worries us is our interpretation and reaction to external events, not events themselves.

Our moments acted in anger are almost never our finest.

Focus on the present, not the problem that may or may not be up ahead.

People's perceptions are not you. They are not your concern.

The victim that smiles steals something from the thief.

Don't let the darkness of others' bring you down. Your job is to be good without hesitation, even when other people are not.

You have to be your strongest when you feel at your weakest.

Don't let yesterday's mistakes hold you back. Today is a new day.

Pain is neither unbearable nor forever so long as you add nothing to it in your imagination.

Hope is stronger than fear.

Be the change you want to see in others.

Old 06-05-2021, 10:30 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Super posts, thanks for taking the time. How is it going?