Notices

Never thought I could

Old 03-15-2021, 05:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Never thought I could

I have posted once before. I have read for hours and hours. I just wanted to say thank you to every poster every supporter and everyone here. I had no clue how I’d do it but I did. I’m homebound, agoraphobia MDD ocd gad and complex ptsd, I hadn’t left my home in years.. I had absolutely no one. No one except my daughter who I swore could never know. I blocked everyone I knew, shut down Facebook, messenger, any app that I could contact anyone. I prayed and finally told my daughter I needed to do this. We got her dad who’s my closest friend also a recovering addict, and I just did it, I locked myself in my room, and prayed. God did I I ever pray. I’m not lying it was hell. After 8 years daily using, it was hell. After 4 days I got up, and I’ve been up since, I’ve been to the dr, for my some medication, I feel like I have a whole new life ahead of me.
I cannot thank this forum enough. I took little bits here and there and made it work for me and I still am. The amount of support here in huge. I pray to god everyday that he NEVER lets me forget where I was, I never want to go back. I am in therapy online, a dr comes to my house and I am going to keep progressing.
Old 03-15-2021, 06:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is so exciting, Cc! Good for you!

Keep it going, keep reading. Maybe keep us updated. I find typing things out to be really therapeutic, whether or not I actually hit, "post."

A journal on my computer has helped me sort out a LOT of stuff.

Old 03-15-2021, 01:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am so very very glad for you created chaos - thats great!

Btw I moved your thread to the Newcomers forum - more people will see it and take comfort from it this way

D
Old 03-15-2021, 01:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good to hear! Love success stories
Old 03-15-2021, 02:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Cc - I'm so happy to read your great news. Being here meant everything to me after 30 yrs of drinking. Knowing we're not alone & that others understand helps ease our anxiety. Congratulations.
Old 03-15-2021, 03:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

So glad to hear you're doing well in your recovery. Keep going, it gets better.