Notices

Day 5 - back to ‘normal’ whatever that is !

Old 03-10-2021, 05:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 - back to ‘normal’ whatever that is !

Feeling such relief from the Court judgement yesterday which told my 21 year old son to stay away from me and to stop the abuse he has subjected me to for more than four years ... he is my only child and I am a single mother with no siblings so part of me wonders if I’ll be spending eternity alone .. (why when one sorry goes, do I always find another !!! :-) )
Back working now .. lots to catch up on as couldn’t concentrate before. It brings a sense of normality which is very comforting !
Once again,thanks to everyone on here ! Your support helped me get through the last few days without vino and, as such, I had much greater clarity !
Old 03-10-2021, 05:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, you're his only mother and yet he chose to be a huge problem.

I'd say just focus on making your own life interesting and people will show up.

I didn't have contact with my mother for years and I'm also an only child no siblings. I stayed busy and found other interests. There are billions of people in the world. I am as alone as I choose to be.

Don't drink over any of this, ICDT.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do you have contact with her now BB ?
Old 03-10-2021, 09:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Icandothis, I'm sure it's a sad time for you, even though you know this is by far the best outcome for you.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm really glad you held your ground icandothis.

It will feel sad, because it is sad. But sadder to allow your son to get away with such outrage, bs. I'm so very sorry. Don't think you're alone tho.

Doing this thing for you is the best thing ever. Demonstrating to your son that you are not be bullied, is another.

Kids will always go for the breaks til we eventually say, No.

It's good parenting Icandothis.

I really hope you dont drink over this. It never works.

Old 03-10-2021, 10:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Icandothis2013 View Post
Do you have contact with her now BB ?
This was when I was in my twenties. We had a really difficult relationship all during my childhood and through my twenties. We both needed a time out. It's a long story but yes we did repair the relationship under new Rules.

It took years of very limited contact for us to be able to be in the same space for any amount of time without over-reacting to one another.
Old 03-10-2021, 05:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your troubles with your son ICDT, but it sounds like you did the best thing you could considering the circumstances. I had a time out with my only daughter before I got sober and after. Once I got into recovery, I learned how to handle her differently, without getting into knock down, drag out fights. Hopefully as he grows up a bit you can rebuild your relationship. Sobriety is a game changer in the family dynamic. We have a very close relationship now, and it never could have happened if I hadn't gotten sober. Turns out, I had some growing up to do too...and I was in my forties!