SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Strength and heart ache (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/452783-strength-heart-ache.html)

stickyone 03-08-2021 01:11 PM

Strength and heart ache

Today I work on day 298.

Strength and heart ache. This is what I've been going through at the moment. I've said it in a prior post My recovery must comes first so that everything I love and care for won't come last. Today hit hard. I have a family member who I love so much. She was released about 4 months ago. But since then I haven't seen her , but I knew that she had continued where she left right back to addiction. Today I seen her walking lost homeless talking to herself. I know that I have done everything that I can before and now. But in my heart I so wanted to hug her and tell her I lover her and that she can choose another way of life. But that is her path she has chosen. It brings alot of emotions even though this covid19 and the families that have to watch there love ones health deteriorating and can't even hold them. But I have kids of my own that I must stay strong for them and committed to my responsibility as a parent. I am grateful for today and recovery which has given me the strength to keep working even though times can feel hard.

Anna 03-08-2021 01:18 PM

Oh, Stickyone, that sounds hard and so difficult for you to have seen your family member looking so lost. But, you're right. The journey is hers and she's made her choice, for now at least. Staying focused on your recovery and your family is the best thing you can do right now.

stickyone 03-08-2021 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Anna (Post 7602726)
Oh, Stickyone, that sounds hard and so difficult for you to have seen your family member looking so lost. But, you're right. The journey is hers and she's made her choice, for now at least. Staying focused on your recovery and your family is the best thing you can do right now.

Thank you Anna
I'm still here working on myself the best I can. I won't drink or use today. I will put in the work and count my blessings when I see my kids at home.

You have to fight through some bad days. To earn the best days of your life.

least 03-08-2021 01:36 PM

:hug: I'm sorry for your pain. :hug: It's so hard to see someone going down the wrong path and not be able to stop them. :(

Sending you hugs and prayers for peace of mind. :hug:

advbike 03-08-2021 01:48 PM

I'm so sorry, Stickyone. I know how much it hurts, having also had a couple family members die of their disease.

My heart goes out to you, and to her also. I hope she has a moment of clarity and finds her way, or gets into a shelter at least.

Great job on 298 days.

stickyone 03-08-2021 04:15 PM

Thank you everyone for the support. I also had lost too much loved ones from addiction. I just pray that she finds her way. 🙏

Dee74 03-08-2021 04:40 PM

I'm sorry stickyone.I hope she finds her way too.

D

stickyone 03-09-2021 11:02 AM

Thank you everyone I'm so grateful for the response and support I received from you all. Today is day 299 even though yesterday felt so hard. I stuck it out reverted to my tool box and support here. Yesterday is now gone and a accomplishment. Today I choose to have a great day. For others having difficulty check in , it really helps. Have a amazing day.

BeABetterMan 03-09-2021 10:49 PM

I’m convinced that life is struggle. For me, the more I let go of the struggle and not try to drive it, the better my serenity. You did right to let go of what will become of the loved one. It is not in your control. It is not apathy, it is salvation.