Notices

Danger zone

Old 03-08-2021, 12:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

yes I'm sorry - in my head I meant to write something like, 'are you doing anything about it besides what you've written here and teeth grinding TheAten?'

It's clear you are working hard and I did not mean any kind of accusatory tone.

You sounded overwhelmed tho and I reacted to that
The cravings link I hope might be useful - small things can help change big problems
D
Old 03-08-2021, 03:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

What do folks do if the gym is closed and they absolutely
need to exercise, lift weights, stay with their program of
workouts? They find another way to get those things they
can afford to have them right there at home.

Like an at home gym. One small piece at a time.

There are lots of places to buy what we need right online.

Free weights and plants. Yep, plants.

I am a gardener and if i'm looking for a particular plant,
bulbs, seeds, i'll go online and purchase what i need and
they are delivered nicely to my home.

I do and have done shopping online all the time.

Just let my fingers do the shopping for the best, lowest
price i can afford and it is delivered to my mailbox or
front door. Easy and don't have to leave home.

Recovery doors are closed to the outside due to shutdowns?

Why waste a minute of worrying.

They have recovery support to all who want them online
and help many who are striving to achieve continuous sobriety
day after day.

No need for excuses necessary.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Im not sure of the timing here but I had a moment a few months in where I felt like I was going to burst. Almost like I was a water balloon and the water kept filling and filling my balloon. It was too much water. I couldn't handle it. I was so uncomfortable and so anxious. That could of been a moment of relapse for me. I would of given anything to have that feeling removed.

I did handle it. I did make it through. That storm was epic. I went through a few more of those balloon bursting type experiences. I cried. I put myself in bed. Took some herbal calming stuff, drank some tea and questioned my sanity. Took walks. Busied myself. I was really going for it or rather something inside of me was really going for it and it wanted to win so badly.

I got on here and the community helped me through those moments. I felt like I was losing my mind and that I would never get better but then...... it passed. I felt the balloon burst feeling leave and I was no longer in that place of questioning my sanity or If I was a lost cause.

Keep talking about it. You are not alone.

Old 03-08-2021, 05:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You're really doing great, TheAten. The lockdowns are wearing everyone down for sure. I understand the need to workout. I'm too nervous to go to a real gym or yoga studio as we still have very high cases where I am, so I make do with cycling, some home yoga, pushups, and dumbells. One can go even further with a pullup bar, diamond and decline pushups and if you get a barbell, bench and some plates you can go to town with it.

You can do this, man. Once you hit 75, then 90 days you can put all of this in the rear view mirror.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizz View Post
Im not sure of the timing here but I had a moment a few months in where I felt like I was going to burst. Almost like I was a water balloon and the water kept filling and filling my balloon. It was too much water. I couldn't handle it. I was so uncomfortable and so anxious. That could of been a moment of relapse for me. I would of given anything to have that feeling removed.

I did handle it. I did make it through. That storm was epic. I went through a few more of those balloon bursting type experiences. I cried. I put myself in bed. Took some herbal calming stuff, drank some tea and questioned my sanity. Took walks. Busied myself. I was really going for it or rather something inside of me was really going for it and it wanted to win so badly.

I got on here and the community helped me through those moments. I felt like I was losing my mind and that I would never get better but then...... it passed. I felt the balloon burst feeling leave and I was no longer in that place of questioning my sanity or If I was a lost cause.

Keep talking about it. You are not alone.
Thanks Mizz 🙂 I understand the feeling you describe. And I am fighting. I know what I want and where I want to be, and it’s not easily attainable, so I can’t expect it handed on a plate. It helps a lot to talk, and to be listened to, and to have others share their feelings and experiences also.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:43 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike;[url=tel:7602556
7602556[/url]]You're really doing great, TheAten. The lockdowns are wearing everyone down for sure. I understand the need to workout. I'm too nervous to go to a real gym or yoga studio as we still have very high cases where I am, so I make do with cycling, some home yoga, pushups, and dumbells. One can go even further with a pullup bar, diamond and decline pushups and if you get a barbell, bench and some plates you can go to town with it.

You can do this, man. Once you hit 75, then 90 days you can put all of this in the rear view mirror.
Thanks adv 🙂 I will be seeing you all on 75 and 90, and 90 will be in 20 days time! This beelzebub is not taking this away from me, not this time, not ever again.
Old 03-08-2021, 07:42 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Keep talking to us, Aten. You're doing this thing.
Old 03-08-2021, 08:49 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
nez

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Keep talking to us, Aten. You're doing this thing.
What biminiblue said, yes!

What worked for me when I was immersed in the gnaw off my arm fight was my inability to multi-task. I can't be grateful and fight at the same time, so I would think of things that I was grateful for. I am alive. I am sober. I am doing this. I have people that love me. I have people that don't want to see me have to suffer like this.

As I did that, the tension would start to dissipate and the fight slowly morphed into a blip and was gone. Replaced by a quiet confidence that I was doing this and things were getting better and would continue to do as long as I continued in this direction.

This remains my go-to strategy to this day, when things start to go sideways.

Keep posting and sharing ,what and how you are feeling. That is a biggie. You got this!

Old 03-09-2021, 07:01 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

How's it going? You have been on my mind since your post as I so recognise the feeling you describe and although you are still in the crisis period I hope you are less stressed. I too love the French language and I am lucky enough to live in France. I just finished ' La femme du boulanger' by Marcel Pagnol. Somewhere between a play and a short story it was good to read.
Old 03-09-2021, 06:23 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Samantha

Take it one day at a time! I find that super important.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:38 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

This too shall pass.

Ride it out. Look at all those days behind you. Trust me, you want to keep going on the sober train
Old 03-10-2021, 09:42 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bonnefond87 View Post
How's it going? You have been on my mind since your post as I so recognise the feeling you describe and although you are still in the crisis period I hope you are less stressed. I too love the French language and I am lucky enough to live in France. I just finished ' La femme du boulanger' by Marcel Pagnol. Somewhere between a play and a short story it was good to read.
Hi Bonne

Thanks for thinking of me! That’s really nice to think someone (in France!) is thinking of me 🙂 that is lucky, to live in France I mean. I wish I could live there. Where are you from? I’m still struggling if I’m honest. I think this isn’t going to dissipate very quickly. But it is really nice to know that I’m thought of and I’m still sober on day 72.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:44 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kinzoku;[url=tel:7603351
7603351[/url]]This too shall pass.

Ride it out. Look at all those days behind you. Trust me, you want to keep going on the sober train
I do, and it would be so disheartening to wake up with a pounding head, a heart full of regret and another day one.
Old 03-13-2021, 01:47 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I hope you are doing some working out at home.

When we were in the height of lock down in my state, I would do dozens of push ups and deep deep stretchy body weight squats.

I call it "a$$ to the grass."

They are a big deal and mixed with push ups, core exercises, and a reasonable diet, can pretty much keep me feeling as lean and mean as want to be.

I appreciate the Covid discussion because it is serious. In the US, the vaccine is being touted as the big deal. My wife works at a hospital and she says the Covid numbers are way way down.

I appreciate the "honest" info/opinions I get here from folks elsewhere (U.K etc) because I pretty much don't trust anything I read/hear in the news.

It seems so full of agenda driven propaganda, it is exhausting. I don't watch the news on TV any more. Instead, I click on my favorite news web links and decide what squirrel I want to chase. So weird.

Love love love.

Thanks.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:18 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

HELLO!
How are you?