Notices

Day 22. It still feels weird

Old 03-04-2021, 05:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 22. It still feels weird

It’s almost like the world is spinning around me as I watch far off in the distance. I feel like I’m reaching out to slow it down, but there’s nothing to grab on to.

I don’t know why it feel so strange this time. I’m having a really hard time adjusting. I think a lot of it is simplify the loneliness of not being able to reach out and see people as easily as last time.

I feel restless all day, anxious and uneasy. It’s hard to compose my thoughts a lot of the time. Idk. Each day is different, though. I’m hoping things level out soon.
Old 03-04-2021, 05:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Things will definitely level out. Congrats on being in your fourth week. Sounds like you might know this but things only get better the more time you put in. Stay strong and stick around SR.
Old 03-04-2021, 05:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jj1844 View Post
It’s almost like the world is spinning around me as I watch far off in the distance. I feel like I’m reaching out to slow it down, but there’s nothing to grab on to.

I don’t know why it feel so strange this time. I’m having a really hard time adjusting. I think a lot of it is simplify the loneliness of not being able to reach out and see people as easily as last time.

I feel restless all day, anxious and uneasy. It’s hard to compose my thoughts a lot of the time. Idk. Each day is different, though. I’m hoping things level out soon.
Hang in there Jj....

Im at day 63 and I’ll tell you things will get better just hang on in there and keep posting here for support

Old 03-04-2021, 05:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is not the best it gets Jj - hang in there

D
Old 03-04-2021, 05:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm pretty sure things will level out Jj, but if things are still spinning. at day 22 you might see a doctor?

Edit: You were not being literal. Sorry. The anxiety abates. Still no reason not to see your doctor.

Old 03-05-2021, 05:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Still early days. You will notice improvements at 30-60-90 days, the last one especially. Life will be calmer and the benefits will be accruing. Are you having trouble sleeping? Diet and exercise really important. You may know all that.

Keep it going, man.
Old 03-05-2021, 11:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Like others have said it gets better. There’s a phrase in recovery “don’t leave before the miracle happens”. It will happen if your honest, open-minded and willing to recover. Above all else of course it’s most important to stay sober one day at a time 🙏