Notices

Class of March Support Thread 2021 Part One

Old 03-09-2021, 10:11 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

GIad you are feeIing better Iove. s

We don't have Iockdown per se in the Ohio, so everyone is out and about here and as peeps get vaccinated, the restaurants are fiIIing up again. I am eIigibIe for the vaccination now, but I couIdn't get an appointment IocaIIy today...I wiII try again tomorrow. s
Old 03-09-2021, 11:46 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

That was meant to say in the US, then I changed it to Ohio......I am not with it today.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:03 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

We have recommended restrictions here, RAL, but no enforced lockdown. We can shop with masks, and restaurants might be at partial capacity, but, I don’t feel safe going out to a gathering. I think you can have a group of 10 outdoors? But, it hasn’t been outdoor weather, and well, the group would be drinking.

I was all set to do some walking today, but ended up dealing with an issue of a stray puppy in the yard while my dog was outside. He’s tethered when out, but not reliably friendly, and I panicked. Ran out, barefoot and had to wrestle him in. My back feels funky. We really need a fence. Husband does not want one. I’m going to move forward with estimates regardless. I was very shaken after this incident. The dog once bit a large, unfriendly husky who came into our yard. I’d be devastated if he hurt the puppy. As it as, he seemed to be excited and having fun running with her, but also crazed. There’s a fine line between fun and becoming prey... Anyway, It would be much more relaxing to have him in a fenced yard. We’ve tried training, and it’s helped, but, he’s so distracted outside. He doesn’t listen.

Anyway, venting because it stressed me out. I was shaking.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:09 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

I am with you Phoebe Iove.....not sure why your husband doesn't want a fence. You have a dog. GIad you were fast there honey. s xx

(That's how I got injured....saving a puppy from my cat when someone Iet it in when I was downstairs....just devastating).
Old 03-09-2021, 12:21 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Thank you, V. 💕. I’m not defending his POV, but answering that he doesn’t want a fence because it’s a nuisance to mow around it and maintain it. Of course we never anticipated having a challenging dog, and he grew a solid 30 pounds bigger than they estimated. But, this is now the dog we have, and he’s our responsibility. We need a fence. It would improve so many things. I’m not sure why husband is so stubborn about it, other than he’s simply stubborn. When the kids were young, we didn’t want to fence the yard because it would cut the yard size, as we have a hill behind that’s common land, not owned by us, but the HOA. Keeping it open made for good sledding on the hill, too. But, they are grown, now.

Im just going ahead and getting estimates, and if he wants a say in how it looks, he’ll need to involve himself. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Old 03-10-2021, 12:00 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all,
That's good you have some freedoms Phoebe. I also think a fence sounds like a good idea, hope you can persuade Mr Phoebe.

Hope you get your vaccination asap Venus

How goes it Citrus?

Day 4. The sheer and utter relief of waking knowing I didn't drink the night before is so powerful. Why on earth do I forget this in the evenings when I have thoughts of drinking. Madness.

Anyway off to work. Take care all
Old 03-10-2021, 02:32 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Day 2,629 sober

Day 12 cannabis free

It is good. It is very good.
Old 03-10-2021, 02:40 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Can't see it happening anytime son RaI. Even at 5am I couIdn't get an appointment on 3 different sites.
I can't spend hours on this again today...

Fantastic on 4 days Iove and on many sober days and 12 days cIean dear OwI s

Old 03-10-2021, 03:31 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

thanks, Venus!! never noticed you're inhabiting German Village! I used to love that place. I lived in Minerva Park for a few years. Seems like another life now.
Old 03-10-2021, 03:35 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Wow, I hadn't heard of Minerva Park untiI now.....it Iooks IoveIy. And just 20 mins drive from here.
To be honest, I haven't expIored nearIy enough. GIad that winter is over and I can waIk again....I am ridicuIousIy afraid of waIking in winter after faIIing badIy the first year I was here.
Old 03-10-2021, 05:58 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Wow, I hadn't heard of Minerva Park untiI now.....it Iooks IoveIy. And just 20 mins drive from here.
To be honest, I haven't expIored nearIy enough. GIad that winter is over and I can waIk again....I am ridicuIousIy afraid of waIking in winter after faIIing badIy the first year I was here.
Minerva Park was really grand. It was my first ever house I bought... a cute little deal from the 1800's with leaded glass windows and gorgeous magnolia and japanese maple trees. The park used to be an amusement park in the olden times, then became a little known retreat of a gem old-timey neighborhood in the middle of the city, with a wonderful little 9 hold golf course just a short walk from the house.

Those are bittersweet memories, as those days were also heavy-drinking days that helped lead to the demise of that first marriage.... alas. These days I focus on the fondness for those parts that were good.... and actually, there were many.

I'd forgotten all about German Village. I loved it because I'd lived for a few years in Germany.... it reminded me of those days too.
Old 03-10-2021, 06:15 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

phoebe64, a lot of people in my area have electric fences to keep animals in and they work...might be something to look into?
Old 03-10-2021, 08:26 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
phoebe64, a lot of people in my area have electric fences to keep animals in and they work...might be something to look into?
Thanks, but the problem is puppies and dogs who get loose and come into our yard. We haven’t had much of a problem with our dog getting loose. He’s on a long, strong tether when he asks to go out into the back yard, and he’s always leashed on walks. I think a fence will be nice for him, so he can be free within it.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:28 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Can't see it happening anytime son RaI. Even at 5am I couIdn't get an appointment on 3 different sites.
I can't spend hours on this again today...

Fantastic on 4 days Iove and on many sober days and 12 days cIean dear OwI s

Its the same situation here with getting a vaccine appointment, V. I’m giving it up for a bit, let the new wave of teachers get scheduled, and see it then appointments open up.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:34 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

I am aIso giving up for the moment....I just reaIIy wanted to get it quickIy so I can go have dentaI work done without being at risk.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:42 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Good morning. I told Mr. Phoebe we are getting the fence, and asked if he’d like to be involved, since there will be costs, choices, and such. I didn’t ask for his approval, lol, not that’s typical of our relationship in general. We usually agree on most household decisions, expenses, etc... I understand his POV, but, the stress and worry of the dog outweighs that at this point. Tethering him has its own issues in having furniture, which he’d get tangled on, and such. The neighbors are not in good control of their puppy, who is adorable and a delight. I’d be devastated if they got tangled and she got injured. She’s much smaller than him. Good fences make good neighbors, they say. 😉
Old 03-10-2021, 08:57 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

WeII done Iove. xx
Old 03-10-2021, 09:25 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you for being firm with the fence idea, Phoebe. I'm sure it will reduce the stress.

And, Phoebe and Venus, I hope you are able to get appointments more easily in the coming days.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:37 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Thank you Anna. ❤️
Old 03-10-2021, 11:06 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Thanks, but the problem is puppies and dogs who get loose and come into our yard. We haven’t had much of a problem with our dog getting loose. He’s on a long, strong tether when he asks to go out into the back yard, and he’s always leashed on walks. I think a fence will be nice for him, so he can be free within it.

Oh, I'm sorry - I didn't read back through the previous posts...I just saw that one.

I see you worked it out, that's excellent.