Notices

Day 6 - a win at work !

Old 02-24-2021, 03:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 - a win at work !

So last night I had a Zoom call with people in my field who are more senior than me. I didn’t agree with the way they are approaching this project but had never dared say ( they have been going round in circles for months). Finally someone actually asked my opinion and I said what I thought and how it should be done .. there was silence... then they said I was absolutely right and changed the project’s orientation ! I was so proud of myself. If I had been hungover, I would never have dared say that. If I had been drunk , I would have made an excuse and missed the meeting !
Son ( who has dyslexia but refuses support) is about to fail his studies. I tried to intervene with his Prof but they said it was between them and him which is a huge relief quite frankly ! So feeling better ! Hope you are all well !
Old 02-24-2021, 04:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I notice my confidence growing also.
Good work
Old 02-25-2021, 07:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awesome! Really, that is so accurate, and something I experienced too. There was a period in my mid-30's when I didn't drink and my career absolutely flourished. One reason was what you just described - clear headed thinking, confidence to speak up, and an ability to articulate my thoughts on the matter at hand.

Great job ICDT!!!!
Old 02-25-2021, 08:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad you're seeing really positive benefits at work already. Day 6 is great.

I'm sorry about your son's struggle with dyslexia but it's good that you know it's between him and his teachers. Hopefully you can offer support from a distance.
Old 02-26-2021, 05:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sobriety rules!!!! Proud of you!! 👍