Notices

A life you love is a life you never want to escape from

Old 02-23-2021, 10:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ANM

A life you love is a life you never want to escape from

Thank you @Dee74 for writing this within one of your posts yesterday. I can't stop thinking about it and have written it down in my journal to ponder, as well as here, because it is such a powerful statement. You followed it with:

What would your sober life you love look like?

More powerful words. I am thinking and writing and dreaming and laying the groundwork. This is what I have so far:

~ A job that is satisfying. Pays the bills and makes me feel like somehow I am making a difference in the world, however small that may be
~ A home with a little land - enough for my greyhound to roam, a few donkeys to graze and a place for some citrus trees, a little garden (nothing that I have to worry about killing and some bees. One day I would really love to keep some bees
~ A great kitchen to cook in
~ A loving partner. This is a big one but important. I'm fine on my own, more than fine, but I miss love in my life and now that I am sober, I'd really like someone to share it with. I've spent a lot of time pushing people away, I'm ready to see what it feels like to actually let someone in
~ Proximity to the ocean... Sand, sea and salt air are my life's blood

Just a start but I think it's a good one. Lots more to go, and some deep stuff too of course that will reside in my journal only. But I wanted to post this. Because really, life is what you make of it. It truly IS as simple as that. And we all know, the simplest things can be the hardest.

I am feeling really good at a little over 7 weeks sober. I wasn't feeling so great the past 2 weeks. Cravings were a b**** and that is putting it oh so mildly. It was really, really tough. But so am I and I made it through by giving myself permission to do anything but drink. So I did. Even if it meant doing absolutely nothing. That said, sugar cravings are subsiding - thank you jesus - and my brain fog is slowly lifting. The depression seems to be lifting too now. I feel like it's going to be ok. More than ok. I'm ok. I'm good. I can ride the ebbs and flows. I've got this.

Enough about me. What about you? Anyone want to share what your sober life you love looks like? Whether you're living it or still dreaming of it/planning it like me. I'd love to know and I bet others here would too

Thanks,

Nico
Old 02-24-2021, 08:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ANM congratulations on the 7 weeks. Looks like your starting to see the gifts of recovery and sobriety. It's awesome right. I too am enjoying life more than before. I was so lost in life. Now I really focus in self care and also healthy boundaries and mental health. With the covid-19 and restrictions people's mental health addict or not has taken a rollercoaster of a ride. I'm so grateful to be sober and and taking care of myself. I could go on and on. But life is good.