Notices

I know I've said this before...

Old 02-25-2021, 01:36 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Old 02-25-2021, 01:55 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
I need help. I'm at my own person rock bottom. If only for my own emotional rollercoaster. My husband said it pretty spot on "I never know which version I'm going to get of you from day to day." I am powerless when it comes to alcohol, the only way for me to take that power back is to quit drinking FOREVER. I have kept this thought in the back of my head that i can always go back, but I can't. I'm sorry to the great people here on SR for always posting "day 1"s, i wouldn't believe me either! Let's do this. I don't want to look back, time to find my life. And to be honest I'm scared. So day 1. Pleas don't give on me. I know i can do this
You have no need to FIND your life... that's the good news! The other good news is it sounds to me like you're ready to be a PART of your life, to learn who the YOU is, in your life.

Welcome to the road to happy destiny.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:28 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Day 3. Slept horribly but that's to be expected. Thanks to all of you for all of the great advice and info. Feel much more settled then a couple of days ago. Tend to be exhausted in the afternoon/early evening only to be awake most of the night. It's lovely. Nice to wake up sober. For that I am grateful.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:01 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Good to hear.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:04 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

My husband used to say that to me too, he never knew what jacq he was coming home to, I used to be the life and soul until I wasn't any more, now I'm just the best version of me, you can do this If I can anyone can
Old 02-25-2021, 07:17 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

A good day turned ugly. Really upset, but nothing I can do tonight to fix it. I was tired, but now just 😓. End of day 3. Going to bed bed sober.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:23 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry the day ended badly but I'm really glad to hear you are sober

Draw a line under today - it's done.
Don't dwell on it tomorrow - just keep moving forward

D
Old 02-25-2021, 08:56 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

My day was crap too BTG. I'm 6 days into facing reality. Glad you are hanging in there. Tomorrow has to be better!

Old 02-25-2021, 09:20 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FiveX View Post
My day was crap too BTG. I'm 6 days into facing reality. Glad you are hanging in there. Tomorrow has to be better!
congrats on day 6, keep moving forward, 2marrow is another day. At least we won't be hungover or remorseful.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:39 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Morning of day 4.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:46 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Sleep returned slowly for me early on. But tired and clear-headed and calm is so preferable to swimming up out of drunk blackness that we referred to as "sleep", a sleep that added not a single bit of restful benefit at all. Hang in there BTG and FiveX.
Old 02-26-2021, 07:56 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you have a good Day 4.
Old 02-26-2021, 07:57 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I hope you have a good Day 4.
Thx anna
Old 02-26-2021, 09:11 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Way to go BTG. Glad you handled the upset yesterday - sometimes going to bed is all we can do but it works! My mom used to say "tomorrow is another day" and it is so right.

We are all rooting for you.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:09 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

End of day 4. I had to set some boundaries for myself that i had previously not. I am on day 4, I'm cranky, i don't have much patience, and I'm just drained, both physically and mentally. In a couple more days I'll probably start feeling more stable, but right now I'm all over the place. So when my family wants to visit the neighbor's house and see the new baby, i just want to stay home and chill, have a moment of silence. But we always go as a unit and i get pressured into going... the talk, i need boundaries, i need respect that sometimes I'm going to say no, go ahead without me. And i need you to be okay with that, this isn't about you. Nobody gets it. But that's okay too. Hopefully I'll get some solid sleep tonight. Night
Old 02-27-2021, 05:22 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

End of day 4. I had to set some boundaries for myself that i had previously not. I am on day 4, I'm cranky, i don't have much patience, and I'm just drained, both physically and mentally. In a couple more days I'll probably start feeling more stable, but right now I'm all over the place. So when my family wants to visit the neighbor's house and see the new baby, i just want to stay home and chill, have a moment of silence. But we always go as a unit and i get pressured into going... the talk, i need boundaries, i need respect that sometimes I'm going to say no, go ahead without me. And i need you to be okay with that, this isn't about you. Nobody gets it. But that's okay too. Hopefully I'll get some solid sleep tonight. Night
I hope they eventually understand you are serious about sobriety and need the space to heal and adjust. I’m the first sober one for my friends and in laws. Over time they got it. Nobody really pesters me no more. Even holidays when I leave early cause I’m not Into the sloshed part of the night. On extremely rare occasion I’ve even had them take me aside to say how proud. I’m aware I’m the only one and we’ve got some problem drinkers in our circle. I don’t judge, call them out or anything I just do my sober thing but once in awhile I’ll get the “I wish I could quit” or asked about it and I’ll share. Like well, if she could do it, maybe it’s not such a terrible idea.
Old 02-27-2021, 05:35 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Great job on setting some boundaries BTG! You are in a fight for your life and they need to understand that.

Please keep it going - you're so close to getting through the physical withdrawal now on Day 5. Hang in there, tough it out. Do anything you have to to avoid taking a drink. Keep your space and AVOID all social and drinking situations. We have all had to do that at the beginning.

We're here for you BTG, stay close and keep posting.
Old 02-27-2021, 06:03 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

That is great stuff BTG. That is having a plan and knowing what is going to work and what isn't for you, and insisting that your health needs to come first right now. Above all other things.
Old 02-27-2021, 06:10 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I need help. I'm at my own person rock bottom. If only for my own emotional rollercoaster. My husband said it pretty spot on "I never know which version I'm going to get of you from day to day." I am powerless when it comes to alcohol, the only way for me to take that power back is to quit drinking FOREVER. I have kept this thought in the back of my head that i can always go back, but I can't. I'm sorry to the great people here on SR for always posting "day 1"s, i wouldn't believe me either! Let's do this. I don't want to look back, time to find my life. And to be honest I'm scared. So day 1. Pleas don't give on me. I know i can do this
I believe you because I lived it.
Old 02-27-2021, 07:20 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Day 5. Checking in.