Notices

Liver pain

Old 03-11-2021, 04:16 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
I have pain in that area too and have had a cat scan and it's a kidney stone, I didn't realise how high up the kidneys were. I had been worried it was my liver but thankfully its not..
Interesting. I hadn't even thought about this as a possibility as I was so concerned that I had just melted all of my organs with booze.

Doctors had my lab results for a couple days now and hasn't called me up frantically yet. My risk factor for a stone is extremely high as it turns out. \^.^/ Who knows. Follow up appointment is in a little over a week, I'll have to ask.
Old 03-13-2021, 11:14 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Paddy123

I was the same P51 my doctor didn't call with my blood results and I thought the worse. Bloods and liver ok. I then had an ultrasound and everything ok. I'm now on antibiotics for suspected bacterial infection in right lung. 6 days now on meds and still have pain but not as bad as it was so I'm just hoping it goes away with time?? I dont know what else doctor can do?? Best of luck with results P51. My biggest problem now is PAWs and constant fatigue but I dont know if it's a side effect of the antibiotics but still have a shot memory and feel generally blah. Just aches and pains everywhere??? But determined not to touch a drop as I believe I'm healing I hope ?? Good luck and keep posting..
Old 03-13-2021, 12:12 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paddy123 View Post
I was the same P51 my doctor didn't call with my blood results and I thought the worse. Bloods and liver ok. I then had an ultrasound and everything ok. I'm now on antibiotics for suspected bacterial infection in right lung. 6 days now on meds and still have pain but not as bad as it was so I'm just hoping it goes away with time?? I dont know what else doctor can do?? Best of luck with results P51. My biggest problem now is PAWs and constant fatigue but I dont know if it's a side effect of the antibiotics but still have a shot memory and feel generally blah. Just aches and pains everywhere??? But determined not to touch a drop as I believe I'm healing I hope ?? Good luck and keep posting..
Hoping for the best. It's just important to remember that a clean bill of health is not a permission slip for more drinking.

I would keep following up with the doctor as sometimes it can take a while for them to pinpoint things. I think the good news is that anything seriously wrong usually shows up clearly on tests.
Old 03-13-2021, 12:49 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Paddy123

Thanks P51 yes I totally agree. I have no intention of drinking if all ok as I suffer so much from PAWs and never want to go through this nightmare again and its still not over and probably wont be over for months yet. I'm in healing mode now and to old now to go through this crap again. Take care and best of luck with results P51.
Old 03-15-2021, 03:13 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Paddy123

Liver pain

Hi everyone, good news at last. My pain has substantially subsided today. Last night I commenced sertraline an antibiotic prescribed by my doctor. I slept like a baby in deep deep sleep for 8 hours. My head felt so clear and my pain was almost non recognisable. I finished also my antibiotics which were giving me terrible side effects. Thanks everyone for your support in my time of need so much appreciated. I start new job next week in North Africa so I have a week to chill and pack, happy Days. My doctor told me I need to stay on the antibiotics for 6 to 9 months and see how I get on. I was previously on sertraline but only for a few weeks here and there but doc said that that is bad for brain and I need a good stint on them. Off to bed now a happy happy man pain free ....I'm so happy. Night everyone and thanks again. Oh Happy Saint Patrick's Day in advance 😆😆😆😆😆😴😴😴😴
Old 03-15-2021, 03:27 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Great news Paddy, must be a huge relief!. Glad to hear it and best to you!
Old 03-15-2021, 03:34 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear Paddy

D
Old 03-15-2021, 04:41 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Great news!!