Back sooner than I thought and need help

Old 02-25-2021, 02:50 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

hows things now Tetrax?

D
Old 02-25-2021, 03:10 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Just finishing up Day 4, thanks Dee. Typical ups and downs - yesterday felt great, today felt discontent. Long hike planned for tomorrow.
Old 02-25-2021, 03:46 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Awesome, halfway to a week. Each day is fluid and once it's done is done. Keep moving forward. Really happy to see you sober still.
Old 02-25-2021, 04:42 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good job on Day 4, Tetrax, and I hope you enjoy your hike tomorrow.
Old 02-25-2021, 04:46 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're feeling better, Tetrax!
Old 02-25-2021, 07:20 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

great to hear Tetrax

D
Old 02-26-2021, 01:31 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I think you are doing amazing. You fight a good fight.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:28 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Enjoy the hike and the achievement. The first days are the worst but they are almost over.
Old 02-28-2021, 04:17 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

How’s it going Tetrax? Hopefully you have almost a full week under your belt.
Old 03-01-2021, 02:17 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dpac414 View Post
How’s it going Tetrax? Hopefully you have almost a full week under your belt.
Indeed! A week sober today. AV was screaming at me yesterday evening - it's always the evenings! I recently begun meditating and that seems to help. I need to keep it up for sure. How are you anyway? Did the zoo have to close?
Old 03-01-2021, 09:45 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I'm doing really well, thanks. Celebrated a year anniversary with my boyfriend in February a month after passing 2 years sober - ******* wild, honestly. Also in my second semester of grad school so that's been coming along as well. I've had my ups and downs but things are pretty decent overall, considering the circumstances. Been really privileged throughout covid to have not much change.

The zoo did have to close - it's been on and off over the past year but it closed again back in November and is just reopening today. I'm hopeful with the (slow) vaccine rollout it won't have to close again, but who knows.

This just reminds me I should go update my own thread instead of taking over yours. But really glad to hear that you've got a week now!! Now just gotta do that three more times to make it a month, and one of the harder parts of sobriety is behind you.

I don't know if I remember correctly about your living situation, but where did you end up after the sober living house? Do you have any folks there who could be additional source of support? Covid has made things rly difficult regarding connection/support so I guess I'm just wondering what you have in terms of it?
Old 03-01-2021, 10:09 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

That all sounds really good, feel free to share away! And over two years, massive congrats. Yeah so I live in what they call supported accommodation and I've got a support worker but to be honest I only tell him half-truths about my drinking because it's a dry house and it's a lockdown in winter so how much drinking could I have been doing out there??? But I said I was getting more obsessive about it anyway (though no mention of A&E...) and he now knows I'm on the wagon. And I've got the outpatient place ringing me on Wednesday to have a chat.
Old 03-01-2021, 03:47 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your week Tetrax.
If this guy isn't someone you feel comfortable being honest with can you get another support worker you maybe open to being more honest with?

D
Old 03-02-2021, 01:34 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats on your week Tetrax.
If this guy isn't someone you feel comfortable being honest with can you get another support worker you maybe open to being more honest with?

D
Thanks Dee. And he's actually all right; it's just whoever it would be I don't want to potentially compromise my living situation by implying I've been drinking here. Probably it's not such a big deal for the support workers but you can't just come right out and say it... He knows the basic story anyway: I told him when I relapsed after 14 months.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:40 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
Just woke up again at 3pm. Hopefully I can get my brother to take me to the hospital.
I reckon if you phone the hospital and tell them you think you're dying of a heart attack, they'd come get you eh?

I mean... worst case.

But surely there's a way to get there.

As for what happens then - well, why not just go and find out!!

Anything better than just sitting there and continuing to drink, my friend.

Please, go! ACT!! Begin!!!
Old 03-02-2021, 02:03 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
That all sounds really good, feel free to share away! And over two years, massive congrats. Yeah so I live in what they call supported accommodation and I've got a support worker but to be honest I only tell him half-truths about my drinking because it's a dry house and it's a lockdown in winter so how much drinking could I have been doing out there??? But I said I was getting more obsessive about it anyway (though no mention of A&E...) and he now knows I'm on the wagon. And I've got the outpatient place ringing me on Wednesday to have a chat.
Well done Tretrax!
I live in the UK and the support seems pretty inexistent unless you are dying on the spot. That was my experience well before COVID. I totally get that you cannot be totally honest. You have gone through a lot and you will know how to navigate this as long as you stay sober. Congrats on one week.
Old 03-02-2021, 02:42 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
I reckon if you phone the hospital and tell them you think you're dying of a heart attack, they'd come get you eh?

I mean... worst case.

But surely there's a way to get there.

As for what happens then - well, why not just go and find out!!

Anything better than just sitting there and continuing to drink, my friend.

Please, go! ACT!! Begin!!!
I did act! Lol I'm over a week sober. Thanks though. Maybe I should start a new thread
Old 03-02-2021, 02:43 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BackandScared View Post
Well done Tretrax!
I live in the UK and the support seems pretty inexistent unless you are dying on the spot. That was my experience well before COVID. I totally get that you cannot be totally honest. You have gone through a lot and you will know how to navigate this as long as you stay sober. Congrats on one week.
Thanks and yeah I think you're right. Just gotta stay sober!
Old 03-02-2021, 07:26 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I guess it just helps to have safety nets when you kind of inevitably fail yourself. Not you specifically, just the general you. We're not infallible and can't always come out on top when it comes to the AV, so it helps to have additional means of support we can turn to when the time comes.

But I'm sorry it's stressing you out. I guess just try to hang in there and keep on posting here. Work with the outpatient people and try to be as honest as will keep you sober.