Notices

6 days feeling rough

Old 02-16-2021, 03:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 days feeling rough

I’m feeling real lousy tonight. Physically and somewhat mentally. The worst since maybe day two. The weekend was fine and I felt good all day, but it hit me like a block. I got a headache and my focus and is out of whack and I just feel weak. I’ve quite this long before and usually it’s just some slight blah mentality. Anyone words of advice or wisdom or motivation would help right now. I think I probably just need to lie down and breathe. Remeber the reasons I’m doing this. Stick to my action plan. I need thus to stick this time.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I unknowingly relapsed hundreds of times before I found SR.

Once I went 9 months without drinking. Then I started up again.

So as I got clean, this last and final time, I felt horrible for around 6 months. I had spatial disorientation for about 4 years. Driving was a night mare. Paranoia, anxiety, heart racing etc etc.

So it hurt so bad getting clean this time, I never want to relapse. I am guessing that if I relapsed it would take the better part of 10 years to normalize. I think it is sort of an exponential damage situation.

Parts of my brain are dead forever. I have gotten used to what is left.

This is all my theory, but at least it is a theory that keeps me from relapsing.

By and means.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey, you've got six days, that's something to be proud of when you're feeling down.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Jj - it sounds like you know what you need to do. Stick to it, stay committed, knowing it won't be easy at first, but at the end of the tunnel is getting back your life, health, sanity and probably much more. Some of the others can and will speak with more wisdom about this. But please give yourself the chance you deserve. We have all been there, and we care.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Six days is not to be sniffed at, so take credit for that excellent start.

We’re all different, but my withdrawal two years back involved two or three weeks of feeling rough. For the first week or two, I felt anxious and worried that I must be unwell. It wouldn’t be sustainable to feel that way long term, but luckily it was for those first two weeks and after that I started to feel normal.

You’ll feel better in a week or so. Guaranteed.

The easiest thing in the world would be to have one small drink to make you feel better. You’ll have to start again from scratch. Your body’s already getting used to no alcohol, so build on this good start
Old 02-17-2021, 01:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It will definitely get better Jj1844. Just got to hang in there while your body readjusts. Everyone is different, but I'm with Hodd and would give it 2 weeks at least.

It's a big thing to give up alcohol. Readjustment, both mentally and physically is no mean feat. What you describe sounds pretty much par for the course to me. Give it a bit more time, rest, and drink lots of water.

You will never regret giving up alcohol Jj. Keep hanging in there and you will see this for yourself.

It is such a better way to live.
Old 02-17-2021, 01:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel a little better now Jj?

D
Old 02-17-2021, 03:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Six days is early. Day 5 was my hardest, but when the cravings start to subside, things improved rather fast. Hang in there. It gets better.