SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 278 Love Love Love (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/452379-day-278-love-love-love.html)

stickyone 02-16-2021 01:01 PM

Day 278 Love Love Love

Today I work in day 278. Back to work but very grateful for where I am. With Valentine's day just passing over the weekend it was a great weekend. Before my day 1 everything in life felt like it was falling apart. The world felt like it was just putting all its problems on myself or my self pity made it seem so. I was so down I attempted to take the easy way out and check out of this world. Which I am so grateful I failed , because now I see the many opportunities in life which I lived so blinded for years. The one thing that I was so numb to was love from my wife. I blamed her for many things I resented alot of our argument. But she stayed with me through my ups and downs. Love love love that is the greatest things was falling back in love with her. For others just joining recovery or have been here before you will have your good days and bad days. But keep working on one day at a time. You may not feel all the benefits or rewards immediately but it does pay off. The hardest things or obstacles give the biggest steps towards recovery. Have a great day everyone.

Anna 02-16-2021 01:57 PM

Stickyone, what a great, uplifting post. Congratulations on 278 days of recovery. And, I'm so glad you are doing well, feeling great about your relationship with your wife, and enjoying life. :)

phoebe64 02-16-2021 02:04 PM

Thank you for sharing, and congratulations! That’s encouraging.

Dee74 02-16-2021 03:44 PM

thanks sticky one - congrats on day 278 :)

D

Steely 02-16-2021 03:54 PM

I'm glad you stuck around stickyone. :)

The gifts of sobriety. It's a beautiful thing.

least 02-16-2021 04:08 PM

Congrats on 278 days clean and sober! :hug:

stickyone 02-16-2021 04:31 PM

Thank you everyone for the support. I wanted to check in . I've been so busy which is a good thing keeps me from getting restless. Going over my past post I seemed to be only postwhen I'm having trouble or dealing with obstacles. Which there is nothing wrong with to look for support in hard times. But I just want sd to shine some light on the gift of recovery.

Runswithspoons 02-16-2021 04:46 PM

Experience and wisdom - thanks for sharing sticky one. Good things come to good people. I'm glad you are earning what you've worked for.

Sober45 02-16-2021 07:01 PM

What a lovely post. Not long now and you’ll be celebrating year 1! I’m early on in year 2 and its like another positive step forward. Being sober is second nature.. hallelujah! So much for us to look forward to in sobriety down the road.

Surrendered19 02-16-2021 07:22 PM

What a great post stickyone. Congrats on such a long stretch of sober time. Amazing healing of mind and body surely has taken place.