Notices

63 Days

Old 02-16-2021, 04:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

63 Days

Hey everyone thought I would do a quick check in! Still not posting a lot but here reading everyday. Currently at 2 months sober (day 63)and doing/ feeling great! I’ve had a few little instances where it felt strange without alcohol (for example no glass of wine when going out for dinner?!) but overall my mindset has really changed and when I wake up sober and ready for the day it feels great.

Thanks for listening
LoveDD
Old 02-16-2021, 05:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

AMAZING!
Yes, it is great to wake up sober and to be free of hangovers and all the illness that alcohol brings.
Congrats on your sober time. Its so good you posted and I hope you continue to do so.

Old 02-16-2021, 06:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveDD View Post
I’ve had a few little instances where it felt strange without alcohol (for example no glass of wine when going out for dinner?!) but overall my mindset has really changed and when I wake up sober and ready for the day it feels great.
That's how it was for me. I adapted to not having wine and drinks when I ordinarily should have. I liked not doing that right away. The most difficult mental thing was this remarkable fear that I would succumb around others. At one time in my life, I would always succumb, but I'm not sure I would have after I committed to abstinence, but the fear was so great that I took precautions to avoid those risk situations even when I thought I'd probably be OK. The operative words here being "probably be OK." I had no room in my plan for "probably." That just wasn't good enough, so I was extra careful. I used the fear as a constant reminder of how rotten life had become at the end of my drinking and I used it to keep me alert.

Eventually, I let the fear go. I didn't want to deal with that for the rest of my life, but I was in that "extra care" mode for about 12 months, I think.

Don't leave us alone after your announcement. I liked hearing your thoughts. And of course, congratulations.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are doing great! Keep on keepin on!
Old 02-16-2021, 06:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking in and sharing your positive experience with sobriety. And congratulations on 63 days. For me, staying clean & sober has proven impossible without fully committing to the recovery program of A.A. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat more about that.

Abandon yourself to God as you understand God. Admit your faults to Him and to your fellows. Clear away the wreckage of your past. Give freely of what you find and join us. We shall be with you in the Fellowship of the Spirit, and you will surely meet some of us as you trudge the Road of Happy Destiny. May God bless you and keep you - until then. (Big Book.)
Old 02-16-2021, 06:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Awesome job! Congrats 😊
Old 02-17-2021, 02:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations LoveDD

D
Old 02-17-2021, 04:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Nice! Congrats! I’m at 48 days and still determined to keep it going! I can absolutely relate to how good it feels on good days
Old 02-17-2021, 04:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on two months sober! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 02-17-2021, 05:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

63 days, LoveDD - how wonderful. Be proud.