Notices

Day 1. Again and again. I will.not drink today.

Old 02-15-2021, 03:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Feeling better as the days has progressed. Apologized to my husband who are steak and crab dinner by himself on Valentine's day. Mom has been released from the hospital, doc says she had a mini stroke. Worries me cause she lives solo in the middle of nowhere. It's been snowing and freezing rain here for the last few days and apparently the weight from the ice has cause our back patio cover to collapse. But I sure the heck don't want to drink. Thank you all for your kind words and advice
Old 02-15-2021, 03:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
Feeling better as the days has progressed. Apologized to my husband who are steak and crab dinner by himself on Valentine's day. Mom has been released from the hospital, doc says she had a mini stroke. Worries me cause she lives solo in the middle of nowhere. It's been snowing and freezing rain here for the last few days and apparently the weight from the ice has cause our back patio cover to collapse. But I sure the heck don't want to drink. Thank you all for your kind words and advice
Hope your mums ok Btg.

I also drank at the weekend after 7 weeks sobriety and while I regret doing it there's no point beating yourself up to the point where you feel depressed. Sober days are days to be cherished, get a ton on water down you and make this a sober week.

Good luck to you.

Old 02-15-2021, 04:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to see you back BtG. You too Alba.

For a long time I had drinking built into my 'recovery' plan under the guise of 'if you had my life you'd sometimes have to drink too'.

That was a lie I told myself.

Noone needs to drink, least of all people like us.

Keep adding things to your programme of staying sober no matter what.

You'll get back every bit of the effort you guys put in.
D
Old 02-15-2021, 05:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Samantha

Glad to hear you aren't drinking today. Maybe you can make a special dinner for your significant other?
Old 02-15-2021, 05:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anxiousrock View Post
Glad to hear you aren't drinking today. Maybe you can make a special dinner for your significant other?
he's the cook in the family, he loves it. But he did get a good amount of me sucking up to him today.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It is so hard to quit. I think we have all been in the "why do I keep doing this?" mode. I certainly was. Until I wasn't in that mode anymore. It takes so much willpower and determination to see through the ups and downs. The one thing for certain is that you can get sober and you do not have to live this way any longer.

We are here for you. Keep on keeping on. Keep on doing the next best thing. You got this.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Backtogood. I felt the same way 12 days ago. I too was filled with shame, regret, and frustration for going on a multi day bender. It doesn’t make any sense why I keep doing this to myself. At that point I called a good friend and talked for hours about how lost I felt and came clean about how much I drank and how I couldn’t help but start in the morning even tho I knew it was wrong. I realized I couldn’t do it by myself. Previously I looked at AA meetings but didn’t have the courage to go. I’ve gone to an online meeting everyday for the last 10 days and it has helped so much. I wrote a letter to myself about how I felt 12 days ago for my future cravings. I came clean to my therapists about my drinking and how I’ve been trying to fix it on my own but I can’t. I’ve now found a therapist that deals with alcohol abuse. I can tell you I feel a world better.

I know this journey is far from over but I was at a similar point where I couldn’t understand why I couldn’t do it myself. I realized I needed more support. I hope this helps and I hope your gentle with yourself. it does get better.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:26 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bodhi02 View Post
Backtogood. I felt the same way 12 days ago. I too was filled with shame, regret, and frustration for going on a multi day bender. It doesn’t make any sense why I keep doing this to myself. At that point I called a good friend and talked for hours about how lost I felt and came clean about how much I drank and how I couldn’t help but start in the morning even tho I knew it was wrong. I realized I couldn’t do it by myself. Previously I looked at AA meetings but didn’t have the courage to go. I’ve gone to an online meeting everyday for the last 10 days and it has helped so much. I wrote a letter to myself about how I felt 12 days ago for my future cravings. I came clean to my therapists about my drinking and how I’ve been trying to fix it on my own but I can’t. I’ve now found a therapist that deals with alcohol abuse. I can tell you I feel a world better.

I know this journey is far from over but I was at a similar point where I couldn’t understand why I couldn’t do it myself. I realized I needed more support. I hope this helps and I hope your gentle with yourself. it does get better.
These are all great idea! I did reach out talk to my bestie for a while yesterday, and we checked in with each other this morning. I also called my doc and rescheduled my labs and doc appt. I am feeling much better today. I can't live in yesterday, but look forward and learn from my mistakes. Day 2.
Old 02-16-2021, 07:45 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Keep moving forward Backtogood.

Not drinking is forward. Be gentle to self.

Old 02-16-2021, 08:09 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Wow my dad just had what seems to be a small stroke a month ago. He seems to slowly be recovering but I feel your pain there. Hit me up if you need someone to talk to about that.

Also, I can't begin to tell you how many "Day 1s" I've had and most here would agree. But the only way to get to a day 2 is to have a day 1