Notices

Can't even do one day.

Old 02-15-2021, 01:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I used to think I couldn't get sober, but I was wrong. I finally came to the point where I wanted to be sober more than I wanted to drink, and I never had a drink after that. I was a chronic relapser so if I can get sober for good, so can you!
Old 02-15-2021, 04:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hows it going HollyIvy?

D
Old 02-15-2021, 05:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yes, wanting to be sober more than wanting to drink. I love this from Least. Its really really truthful and empowering.

How are you doing?
Old 02-15-2021, 06:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I remember feeling the same way. For years I never missed a day of drinking. Then finally there was one. Then 2...then a week...then a month, and so on. Breaking out takes practice just like anything.
Old 02-15-2021, 11:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Holly. As you posted at 8:45 yesterday UK time I'm assuming you are in the Uk and it was morning, and the fact you didn't post again makes me think (alongside the fact that you told us so much in your post!) that you didn't get through yesterday alcohol free.

Im more than happy to be wrong on this, come and tell me I am!!

But if I'm not then don't lose heart. My experience is that when I was told 'The biggest step is admitting you have a problem' that it was not true. It was obvious I had a problem. The biggest step was doing something about it!! But having said that as soon as I'd admitted that to myself, then my relationship
with alcohol was in trouble.

You may feel despairing. You've come
on here and asked for help and if yet still you've drunk, don't despair. It's probably part of the process. Don't think 'I've tried everything and still I drink' - you haven't. You've tried one thing.

What I've realised is each failed attempt I learned a lot. I wish it had stuck for me a lot earlier, I'd have saved myself and others a lot of heart ache. But each time I learned and now I'm solidly sober.

Come back and tell us how your sober day was yesterday, or if it didn't work out dust yourself off and we go again, trying other methods