Notices

All the RIGHTS were wrong

Old 02-12-2021, 06:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

All the RIGHTS were wrong

I almost got in an accident with a small hill. Just me, my little car and a hill that I almost plowed into. I don't know how these things happen but they do! Well...I do know how this would happen.....I was turning right onto the freeway ramp and not really turning RIGHT enough.... Then there is the hill. Then there is me staring at said hill and knowing something was not right. The rights were not working out right. I proceeded to make it right by turning right a little more and then I went right onto the freeway.

Anyways.... I think I am too tired to even have a response. I made it.

The real reason for this post is that I wanted to tell you all that I lived to tell this tale. I am drinking tea tonight!

Old 02-12-2021, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you are ok Mizz and that in the end you made all the right turns today

D
Old 02-12-2021, 08:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is great to hit a bump in the road and have the health and sober perspective to go home, make a cup of tea, and forget about it. It was just a bump.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ive had a single vehicle traffic incident since I haven't drank that would have been much worse had I been drinking. Its such a good feeling when I mess up and immediately think... Thank God Im sober!
Old 02-12-2021, 09:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you are ok Mizz.

I'll be backing you at the Indianapolis 500.

Love ya Mizz. Enjoy those cuppas.
Old 02-13-2021, 08:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Sobriety keeps our reaction times normal and not delayed or overblown which make correcting or avoiding a potential problem easier to do! I’m glad you avoided an accident 😊
Old 02-13-2021, 10:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

"I almost got in an accident with a small hill"

Hahaha.. sorry but the way you told it is so funny.. and I'm really glad you're safe.

I don't know how I missed that post earlier. I guess I thought it was about something else.

I hope you're getting enough sleep, Mizz.. those types of things happen when we're mentally exhausted.

Anyway, rest up and have a good weekend.
Old 02-14-2021, 04:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Two years ago, I clobbered a deer on the highway. I didn't see it until it ran into the car. I was going 55 mph, and I didn't even have time to get my foot on the brake. I saw it up in the air behind me in the rear view mirror. It was doing somersaults in the air. The car was still derivable, but there was damage all the way from the front bumper to the rear end. There was slight damage to my arm where the side view mirror swung inward and cut me with shattered glass. Thank god for $500 deductible comprehensive coverage. The car was new, expensive, and it was the biggest repair bill I've ever had done on a vehicle. No drinking was involved. Sometimes this happens.
Old 02-14-2021, 04:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
"I almost got in an accident with a small hill"

Hahaha.. sorry but the way you told it is so funny.. and I'm really glad you're safe.

I don't know how I missed that post earlier. I guess I thought it was about something else.

I hope you're getting enough sleep, Mizz.. those types of things happen when we're mentally exhausted.

Anyway, rest up and have a good weekend.
It is funny.
This week has been full steam ahead with work. Edward Scissor hands type of scene..... If all goes as planned we will have 10k or more in flower sales. Its quite the production. So, I am exhausted. We are almost at the end now.....Working this Flower extravaganza Marathon at a good pace. My brain and body are spent. My hands have too many small wounds..... but its worth it. The joy all these beautiful creations bring is worth every single second. ..... Must be on guard for that small hill!
Old 02-14-2021, 08:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

How rewarding, Mizz! Yes this would be the big week in the floral industry, haha. Now can you take a rest?

You are sooo productive!
Old 02-14-2021, 05:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
How rewarding, Mizz! Yes this would be the big week in the floral industry, haha. Now can you take a rest?

You are sooo productive!
Thanks for asking. I am on a 9 day stretch by choice. Halfway through. This upcoming Friday I get a 3 day weekend.
I think I will sleep really good tonight. We sold out of everything .....Im so proud of my team!