Notices

Day 12 .. very tired and unsure

Old 02-11-2021, 10:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 12 .. very tired and unsure

Hi, well, my positive attitude has waned a bit but I managed to hold it together in work calls. I also submitted the court documents to extend the non molestation order against my son who has been subjecting me to coercive control and abuse for years. I feel bad but it has to be done ! I am soooo tired because I don’t sleep very well .. but onwards !
Old 02-11-2021, 10:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done ICDT. I think taking action, even unpleasant action like the one involving your troublesome son, really helps in our health and recovery. Don't worry about being tired. A bit tired but clear-headed and calm is SO preferable to having 11 hours of fake blackout "sleep" under your belt and feeling like the walking dead. Normal restful sleep returns slowly for many of us. Day 12 is amazing.
Old 02-11-2021, 12:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are doing the right thing icdt. Please don't back down on your decision to extend the orders against your son.

He knows what he has done is wrong, and to back down now would only give give him further control, and reduce you moreso. He needs to know.

Good parenting often demands we have to make difficult decisions about our kids. Who'd ever be a parent, I ask you! Work our fingers to the bone, and what do we get? Bony fingers!

I'm having to make difficult decisions about my daughter at the moment. In hospital, mental illness. Very painful decisions. She blames me, and is angry. I can only tell her what I believe to be the truth, even if she finds what I say unpalatable. I can look at her in the eye now, because I'm not drinking. She knows I care. I know I do too.

I won't back down, but finding ways to address the problem has been hard. Painful. I know what I'm doing is right. I'm also groping in the dark. Learning. I know what you are doing is right, too. And at a deeper level, your son knows it as well.

All that I know is if I were to drink things would turn to shite, my credibility destroyed, my advice meaningless. I won't let this happen, even if I make mistakes along the way. I had trouble sleeping last night, but I don't care, and have no regrets this morning. I'm on track. Tiny yay.

Hang in sister. Just don't pick up, and know you are not alone. This is is a tricky path, but we're not stumbling drunk, and for this I am incredibly grateful.

Onwards, sober strong mother. We can do this.

Old 02-11-2021, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you’ll sleep tonight - you’re doing all the right things

D
Old 02-11-2021, 12:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

You too Steely.

D
Old 02-11-2021, 12:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mothers get a bad wrap, I reckon.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Prayers for you ICDT.. you have done the right thing, now rest easy. Day 12 is really amazing with all you have had to deal with. I know you can do this.

Steely, you're amazing too, such a source of strength to others.

Thanks to you both - you help me.