Notices

First day

Old 02-10-2021, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First day

Today is my first day of recovery! Want to be strong and involved in home chores! No withdrawal so far . Took my Naltraxeone pill.. hard part is having food, had breakfast forcefully swallowed with water, food seems alien for the body, does anyone feel the same with food
Old 02-10-2021, 07:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your body has lost the preference for food as its primary source of fuel. It prefers booze. Alcohol is so much more easily metabolized. Don't force feed yourself. Just eat what your body tells you to eat. I ate nothing but watermelon and raspberries for days and days. I only ate what sounded good.
Old 02-10-2021, 08:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello sivachavali,
I took me until day 3 to actually start eating a proper 3 meals. Its does take time. Hang in there, you got this.
Old 02-10-2021, 08:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

First day I was puking bile so couldn't even hold down water. But that was because I foolishly binged on vodka with baileys binged smoked and took pills all with no food. Good motivation to quit poisoning myself. I think I may have held down a kebab that night, but since then it's been toast. Third day now and it's been toast and water but that's simply as I haven't got out of bed to buy food. I will hopefully when darkness falls...

my man's idea above of fruit I like. I'll get some eggs, porridge and milk for breakfast tomorrow and I will force myself to eat it. then dave ramsey beans and rice rice and beans as I'm still waiting on lost cards to arrive (31st Dec!) and am broke as hell!!
Old 02-10-2021, 08:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good job on Day 1. I hope your appetite improves soon. Try to eat what you can, drink lots of water and get some exercise.