Notices

Day 6, I am recovering slowly

Old 02-10-2021, 01:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6, I am recovering slowly

I actually slept some of the night so my sleeping routine is slowly coming back, GREAT 🙂. Staying positive and being grateful is also helping me ALOT. I do still feel the withdrawals and cravings. This morning woke up with brain fog but I'm sticking with the game plan because its WORKING!!
Old 02-10-2021, 01:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're feeling better Izzyak

D
Old 02-10-2021, 02:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 6 days sober! Stay positive and keep sober one day at a time 🙏
Old 02-10-2021, 08:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had a moment today where I REALLY struggled. The mental change is very strange and awful. I had a stressful day and mentally I found it hard to cope. Still aiming for my goal
Old 02-10-2021, 08:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's a time of ups and downs and you're doing great. It might help if, when you're struggling, to remember that it won't last. You will feel better and you can get through it.
Old 02-10-2021, 08:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
nez

When I had moments of struggle, I would remind myself that moments were next to nothing when compared to the lifetime of misery that drinking had turned into. It was all new and foreign to me and I was having to learn new ways of doing things. I was a rookie at sobriety.

When I was a rookie at basketball, I couldn't buy a basket. When I was a rookie cook, I burned things, I cut my fingers, I couldn't keep up with the other cooks. When I was rookie driver and faced with a manual transmission, I kept stalling the engine or letting the clutch out too slow and rolling backwards at traffic lights. All those things were new and foreign to me.

All of those new foreign things eventually passed and I became good at basketball, cooking, and driving...despite my rookie frustrations and struggles.

You can do this! Everybody is a rookie at something at some point...and yet we survive...and even thrive!
Old 02-10-2021, 01:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nez, you have such wisdom and grace in your responses!

agree, wholeheartedly !