Notices

Binge drinking

Old 02-09-2021, 07:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Binge drinking

I have been drinking since I was 23 now I am 40,when my wife restricts me I tend to get and hide bottles in car trunk or on side yard, sometimes in washroom too, in a hurry to drink without her notice I complete a Mickey (375 ml) bottle bottoms up, After I came to this group I started talking open with her explaining my problem, she now understands it’s a disease and I am not doing for social life or fun.. she told me to keep a bottle at home openly and drink 1 drink slowly for an hour till I get my Naltrexone working to stop receptors
talk to your family or close friends about the problem without shy, may be their help is much required for alcoholic to quit
Old 02-09-2021, 09:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Siva. What are you looking for here?
Old 02-09-2021, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, sounds like your wife is supportive. Time to quit for good, you can do it here. Just keep posting and read the other posts here.
Old 02-09-2021, 09:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I did the same thing. Many of us did. There is only one clear way to end the destruction. Your dependency is going to continue to tell you whatever you want to hear. Things that tell you what you want to hear are always just there to use you. Give yourself a chance at life, and you will soon see how ridiculous what you are saying sounds.
Old 02-09-2021, 09:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think you are taking all the right steps. It is so good you have opened up to your wife and you are opening up here.
Alcoholism is very very tricky. The hiding of alcohol is not abnormal for some of us. Your wife sounds like she truly understands and that is a blessing as you start your path into recovery. Keep moving forward and keep posting. We are here for you.
Old 02-09-2021, 12:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like I said in another thread I really can’t recommend this approach to an alcoholic.

she told me to keep a bottle at home openly and drink 1 drink slowly for an hour till I get my Naltrexone working to stop receptors
If you are unsure about how to take or use the meds, asking your doctor is the best bet.

D
Old 02-10-2021, 06:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It’s my first day of sobering today, didn’t get any withdrawal yet, will take my cravings pill now , I will post again later noon after my AA meeting
Old 02-10-2021, 06:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Welcome Siva. What are you looking for here?
I want to quit completely
Old 02-10-2021, 06:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Like I said in another thread I really can’t recommend this approach to an alcoholic.

If you are unsure about how to take or use the meds, asking your doctor is the best bet.

D
yes not a good way I completed whole bottle sitting awake all night
Old 02-10-2021, 08:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sivachavali View Post
I want to quit completely
That's great. SR is the place that I used to get and to stay sober. So much here to take advantage of, learn from and find support. One thing that I was always asked in my drinking days that drove me nuts, but which I understand now is - what is your plan?