Notices

Day 5, I'm paying the price for my addiction Now.

Old 02-09-2021, 02:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5, I'm paying the price for my addiction Now.

My sleep routine is still WAY OFF, I'm feeling depressed. Another 4/5 moments of cravings and brain fog coming up today. I did have about 7 hours of yesterday where I actually felt good which was Nice, this is going to take time, patients and perseverance. Seems like FOREVER. Still holding out with the HOPE I'll get better.
Old 02-09-2021, 02:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It took me about ten days to find a new sleeping rhythm...I thought that was pretty good considering how many eyars I'd basically drink myself to sleep.

You just have to keep faith that this is a transitional period, it won't always be like this, and things will get better Izzyak

D
Old 02-09-2021, 02:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee74,
I did check out the links for cravings and I found them to be very useful. I will be having another read of them today.
Old 02-09-2021, 02:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I find it helpful to follow the sage advise "sleep when you tired, eat when your hungery" It helps reduce cravings and makes me less self--judgmental during the process of restarting my body.
Old 02-09-2021, 04:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, it does take time, patience and perseverance.
One foot in front of the other. Staying present in your time and space.
You got this.
Old 02-09-2021, 07:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I honestly thought today was going to be another very bad day for me but I am AMAZED at how I'm feeling so fare. Since waking up I've not had any cravings. WoW, I am slowly improving. One step at a time. I need to keep this going.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Fantastic job Izzyak! It will just get better!
Old 02-09-2021, 11:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

👍👍😊
Old 02-09-2021, 11:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thankyou for the support. I had 3 hours of discomfort today which is a massive improvement. I don't want to let my guard down so I'm staying put, just keep posting and encouraging.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's the way to do it.
Old 02-09-2021, 12:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
nez

You can do this Izzyak! I am glad that my recovery process was hard initially because it makes me less likely to relapse remembering how much hard work I had to put in. I earned my progress through blood sweat and tears and it is a precious reward that I value highly and am eternally grateful for. It was hard and for that reason I am holding on to it for all I am worth.
Old 02-09-2021, 12:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great job so far. I've looked forward to popping in and seeing another day added on for
you.
Old 02-09-2021, 01:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks RUL23,
I think I came here at the right time in my life. Literally came off an 18hour binge and thought enough is enough. Before I'd go on the net and read up about my problems, so many times but no solutions, I didn't change. I can honestly say it helps alot typing and talking to people who are going through or have been there and done it. Everyone on this site has something brilliant to add or share. Thankyou all.
Old 02-09-2021, 02:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Nice to meet you!

keep up the great work against THE BEAST 😊
Old 02-09-2021, 02:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Keep going izzy. You've got this!
Old 02-09-2021, 03:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work... one day at a time.
Old 02-10-2021, 04:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Izzyak View Post
My sleep routine is still WAY OFF, I'm feeling depressed. Another 4/5 moments of cravings and brain fog coming up today. I did have about 7 hours of yesterday where I actually felt good which was Nice, this is going to take time, patients and perseverance. Seems like FOREVER. Still holding out with the HOPE I'll get better.
Be patient. It gets better. Much better.

This early just do what you need to stay sober. Period. Anything and everything else can wait a bit. For now, chop wood and carry water. Much improvement happens in the early days simply from addition by subtraction -- you start to notice after a couple of weeks that you are not persistently dealing with the immediacy of shame, self loathing, and guilt. You start to get a little bit of sanity back in the financial realm, etc. Sure, there may be larger issues to face down the road but they will be there when you are ready. In the meantime these little victories are incredibly important to building yourself a stable platform to keep working from.

So yea, eat ice cream, take a day off to rest and feel sorry for yourself, weep, bark at the moon, whatever. Just don't drink. So much of the rest comes simply by getting out of our own way.

Stick around. It's a great place here. Indulge in it. You deserve it and we want to hear more from you.

-B
Old 02-10-2021, 08:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I had a moment today where I REALLY struggled. The mental change is very strange and awful. I had a stressful day and mentally I found it hard to cope. Still aiming for my goal.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sorry Izzy. It’s tough, but you are tough. You are tough. Get in the shower. I realized when I quit smoking back in 1987 that I was going to have urges and to anticipate them. Scientifically they lasted about three minutes. So I stuck my hands and dishwater or I took a shower or a drink a glass of water. They are waves and they come and they go. Same with alcohol. Pick your surfboard and ride the wave. You’ve got this!
Old 02-12-2021, 12:45 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
EndGame

Try not to put too much pressure on yourself to be any particular way at any particular time. We're all on different schedules, and we don't know where our schedule takes us until we get there.

Things were chaotic in for me in the beginning. My mind and body needed to catch up. Or maybe it was I who was running late?

Doesn't matter. I burned a lot of calories by running around in my head and bouncing off the walls inside my skull. Until I stopped. Things, like mood and outlook, can change very rapidly early on. It took me some time to settle in after living a life of self-inflicted trauma.