Notices

Day 3 not great

Old 02-06-2021, 10:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 not great

Substance abuse over a along period of time has sucked the life out of me. I know I'll be feeling awful today. Can't wait to feel better, I hope it comes soon.
Old 02-06-2021, 10:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It will Izzyak - I dIdn't feel great on day three - but things got better

D
Old 02-06-2021, 10:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've always been an impatient brat Dee. Expecting things to all of a sudden get back to normal, with addiction it doesn't work like that. Dreading what's to come.
Old 02-06-2021, 10:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It honestly does get better, Izzyak!
Old 02-06-2021, 11:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I will be trying to practice gratitude as I've heard this really helps with my negative thoughts. It's hard to practice it with a fryed brain. Oh why did it take me this long to realise that it was a dead end activity from the start. I've been a fool.
Old 02-06-2021, 11:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Izzyak View Post
I've always been an impatient brat Dee. Expecting things to all of a sudden get back to normal, with addiction it doesn't work like that. Dreading what's to come.
someone address this on an AA zoom last night and I wrote it down. Hit home for me.

"we all want to be sober but no one wants to do the work"
Old 02-06-2021, 11:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree Rul23, we need to try harder to get the result we want. I'm honestly tired of the cycle off addiction. I hope I stick around long enough to see the improvements. Enough is enough
Old 02-06-2021, 11:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Dems da words Izzy.

"Enough is enough."
Old 02-07-2021, 05:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Okay I'm feeling sick, unhealthy and weak. Getting up to atleast do somthing instead of wallowing my situation. Gona freshen up and get some food down me. I haven't been looking myself, it starts today.
Old 02-07-2021, 05:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Dreading what's to come?
What is to come is that you will feel a little better with each passing day. It does take time but you will reap the rewards soon enough. From my own experience, it took me about one week to "feel" like I was okay. A few more weeks to "feel" like I was on solid ground. One foot in front of the other. You got this.
Old 02-07-2021, 06:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It will get better Izzyak. Are you eating properly and drinking enough water to keep yourself hydrated?
Old 02-07-2021, 06:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Robbie, I'm drinking enough water but my eating and sleeping routine all over the place. I'm hoping it will get back to normal in the coming days.
Old 02-07-2021, 07:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizz View Post
Dreading what's to come?
What is to come is that you will feel a little better with each passing day. It does take time but you will reap the rewards soon enough. From my own experience, it took me about one week to "feel" like I was okay. A few more weeks to "feel" like I was on solid ground. One foot in front of the other. You got this.
I usually feel worse and worse for about 3 days. Then the 4th day ia starts to feel a little better, juat a hair.
Old 02-07-2021, 07:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Hmmm yes. Day 3 is usually still a lot of toxins purging and ****** sleep, hard to eat horribleness still. My body’s pattern anyways. It will get better. It can take time. I take about three weeks just to sleep somewhat normal and a couple months for real goodness sleep. Now sleep is awesome. Mental fog takes time to clear too. Like right now I am trying to build up my running. I was doing 40 minutes easy peasy. Now 5 minutes is hard as hell. Just got to build up to things.

Sobriety does have some instant perks! For me, no trying to remember last night or embarrassing myself. Gratitude does help a lot. Glad you are here with us!
Old 02-07-2021, 07:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Tornrelization,
Thanks for the advice. Based on my issues I think that is certainly a more realistic timeframe for getting better. One step at a time.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I remember being deeply concerned in my first week. I thought if that feeling of anxiety and craving comes every evening at wine o’clock, I had no chance. It’s an intolerable feeling.

But within a couple of weeks, I felt human again. It gets better from then on. That was 25 months ago and life is better than ever.

3 days is early days but it’s a good start Izzy. Just do whatever it takes to keep away from booze as one little ”reward” will reset all clocks. You’ll feel better in 7 to 10 days. Promise
Old 02-07-2021, 09:55 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I remember one of our friends here said he wished he could just sleep for 6 months until he felt great.

There are meds that can make us feel better while healing/normalizing, but the danger lies in their abuse (e.g. drinking while on meds) or becoming addicted to them.

I feel like someone said that once certain meds are prescribed, they are for life. Not sure?

I said all that to say this...getting clean hurt like hell hell hell. It was pure insanity and it didn't go away for a long long long time. I still have pangs of insanity and I am over 5 years clean. I use those panic attacks or whatever they are as a reminder of what awaits me if I relapsed.

Suffering and time. Along the way, there are moments of wonderous magic, pure serenity. Those moments add up. Some folks call this a miracle.

I call it normalizing. SR educated me. I owe this place my good life.

Always trying to pay it forward these days. It is a tool in my box to stay clean.

Superbowl Sunday used to be a drunken blur. I sad pathetic body/brain smashing event.

These days it is a cheat day, but no booze ever again. Just eat and drink what I want all day.

I wear my football shirt and turn the TV up louder.

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Izzyak, Day 3 was always the hardest day for me to get through. I'm glad you're hanging in there. Don't beat yourself up for not stopping sooner. As the brilliant Maya Angelou said "I did then what I knew how to do. Now I know better, I do better". Simple but profound. You are where you should be and you're working hard.
Old 02-07-2021, 11:18 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks Anna,
im really glad I found this SR site and I have a good feeling that I can benefit from being here and also share my experiences.
The 12 step program never really helped me. Patiently taking each day at a time with gratitude.
Old 02-07-2021, 01:28 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,
I'm glad day 3 is nearly over. Evening times are tough to get through. I'm battling with my own self. Keeping telling myself tomorrow will get better.