Notices

Day 3 not great

Old 02-07-2021, 02:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I can’t promise tomorrow or the next day, but I can promise two weeks.

As you’re finding out, it’d be the easiest thing to have that drink now, but you’re already stronger than that.

I don’t envy you those long anxious evenings, but you’ll look back and think it was just a few days of unpleasantness. You’re doing OK.
Old 02-07-2021, 02:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hanging out here was always helpful for me. Hope you find some comfort. Just remember- it will be worth it!
Old 02-07-2021, 03:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

100% right, those long evenings are not nice when I'm in craving/withdrawing mode. I think tomorrow aswell as posting and reading on SR I'll go for walk with the HOPE that it will make me feel somewhat better.
Old 02-07-2021, 04:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Izzy. Well done on getting through your first few days. They are the worst in so many ways and an absolute danger zone for slip ups so you are doing awesome. Hope tomorrow and everyday onward is an improvement for you!! You got this my dear!!
Old 02-07-2021, 06:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks Babycat,
I appreciate your response. I feel like I'm in danger zone but I can't keep doing this to myself, I really want the sober life now, I mean I just dont enjoy it anymore, it's just an awful addiction now.
Old 02-07-2021, 06:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Days 1-10 for me were a dazed blur Izzyak. Us addicts are impatient mf'ers. Give yourself a few more days to really start to even out. Those days you are putting in now are solid foundational days that you will build on.
Old 02-07-2021, 06:24 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I DEF understand the not enjoying it anymore. I am sure a lot here do as well. Just keep drinking to feel normal or from getting sick. Ugh, what an awful way to exist. I am still newly sober myself but I know it get's better!!
Old 02-07-2021, 06:43 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi surrendered 19,
I certainly am an inpatient addict, like thinking that I can just feel normal straight away, as if I haven't even damaged myself. I will have plenty of fluids to keep me hydrated. The last 5 months I've been abusing every 4th day and I really need to get to day 7 then 14. With the HOPE that I'll start to feel better.
Old 02-07-2021, 06:47 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

This SR Site is amazing. I mean 24/7 I'm posting and getting responses and advice from new people. Brilliant, this is what may have been missing in my life. Talking to people who are struggling or have already been through it all.
Old 02-07-2021, 06:57 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Having support makes all the difference.

Things will improve, a little at a time. One day you'll wake up and realize you're feeling a lot better. Be good to yourself and be patient, it will get better.
Old 02-07-2021, 07:37 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Samantha

Yeah I seem to recall the first few days being terrible too but it gets so much better
Old 02-07-2021, 08:25 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Try some AA zoom meetings. Lots of help and information available all hours from early morning til late.

https://aa-intergroup.org/oiaa/meetings/

There is a reason AA looks at 30, 60 and 90 days as important milestones. Then 6 months and a year.
Because you will see it takes time to heal up. A few days is just baby steps. Keep going and you will see lots of things you forgot about in life.