Notices

Game plan for game day

Old 02-04-2021, 06:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Game plan for game day

What's everyone plans for the Superbowl. We are still in lock down due to the covid19 so no large gatherings. I will be enjoying the food and spending much needed time with my family. No drinks for me. Maybe a fruit smoothie sounds good. I watch for the funny commercial at half time.
Old 02-04-2021, 10:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My go to drink almost daily is seltzer with fresh lime. Literally just carbonated water. Nothing else. LOVE IT
Old 02-05-2021, 06:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Small get together with family. Grilling out. Just having a good time together. No drinks for me.

Having a plan for big events and planning it ahead is more important then people realize sometimes.

Bringing your own thing to drink, having an exit strategy, being prepared to say No, all things to help reject a drink if needed.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Being able to finish games/movies and then remembering what happened has been a nice plus that comes with everything else sobriety provides.

Old 02-05-2021, 11:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SaturatedSeize View Post
Small get together with family. Grilling out. Just having a good time together. No drinks for me.

Having a plan for big events and planning it ahead is more important then people realize sometimes.

Bringing your own thing to drink, having an exit strategy, being prepared to say No, all things to help reject a drink if needed.
Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Being able to finish games/movies and then remembering what happened has been a nice plus that comes with everything else sobriety provides.
​​​​​​Yes having a plan for events like this that have alot of alcohol in site. I was contemplating to go out to some friends but I cancelled. Not worth the risk of covid19 or all the trigger of drinking. The money I would have spend on going out, I will buy me something nice for myself. For the others going out like SS said it's a good idea to bring your own drinks. No unnecessary trips to a party cooler filled with alcohol and trying to search for a water or juice can. Stay good everyone
Old 02-08-2021, 12:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Game plan for game day went just as planned. No alcohol no drugs just food and fun with the family. I heard on the radio they wanted to make Monday after Superbowl Sunday a holiday. Due to majority of the workforce calling in sick due to partying and drinking. I see it today like a ghost town at work and the looks of those who came in still drunk. I remember those days well , and don't miss it at all. Being hangover sitting in your car before work saying never again. Feeling like every minute of work being longer and longer. Have a great day.
Old 02-08-2021, 05:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Samantha

I worked and stress drank half a liter of diet Pepsi. 🙃
Old 02-08-2021, 07:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anxiousrock View Post
I worked and stress drank half a liter of diet Pepsi. 🙃
Well look at the positive side of it. You won't be hangover from that Pepsi. Maybe some tea will help you relax. Helps me
Old 02-08-2021, 07:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I went to a superbowl party. I was fine. I got offered drinks about 4 or 5 times.
My worst moment was when I went back to get some more food from the kitchen and there on the island sat a bottle of some of my favorite whiskey. I sat there eating and looking at the bottle for longer than I should. Whenever I am not drinking and I see booze I get this vision in my head of grabbing the bottle and just chugging it down. So I thought about that for a bit and then just left.
Old 02-08-2021, 07:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FiveX View Post
I went to a superbowl party. I was fine. I got offered drinks about 4 or 5 times.
My worst moment was when I went back to get some more food from the kitchen and there on the island sat a bottle of some of my favorite whiskey. I sat there eating and looking at the bottle for longer than I should. Whenever I am not drinking and I see booze I get this vision in my head of grabbing the bottle and just chugging it down. So I thought about that for a bit and then just left.
Close one, but you stayed discipline which kept you sober. Next time don't punish yourself move that eye sore. Lol
Old 02-08-2021, 07:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I had several times like that over the last few years.

Then I think, if I wanted to I could buy a bottle of booze anytime I wanted.

This year I made expensive rib eye steaks, air fryer pizza, chips and sour cream dip, fruit juice, coffee, raw carrots. It was amazing.

Back in the day, I would be drunk by 9 am., passed out by kick off. Wake up around the 4th quarter, and start drinking again.

I would go to work Monday, bloated, head ached, and anxious.

So glad SR taught me how not to relapse.

Thanks.
Old 02-08-2021, 08:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It just occurred to me that I never once thought of a beer during the game. wow.