Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Peeling away the layers Weekenders- Weekenders 05-08 February 2021

Notices

Peeling away the layers Weekenders- Weekenders 05-08 February 2021

Old 02-10-2021, 11:47 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Magsie

Samantha six weeks is great
Old 02-10-2021, 11:57 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Magsie

Time for a new thread

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ry-2021-a.html (When the AV starts calling.....am I ready? Weekenders 12 - 15 February 2021)
Old 02-11-2021, 12:02 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
Thank you to those that offered help.

I didn't drink, but now the whole thing will start again today. It is not COVID related as that hasn't really affected my life. I lived in isolation long before that came along and will do long after it is gone. My moods are very cyclothymic at times. I'm depressed.

I don't know how to fix my life. I can honestly say I have no one to pick up the phone to when I need a chat, moan or whatever. That is scary.

I know the thought of living the next 25 years or so, like this is a daunting thought.

Sorry for clogging up the weekenders with misery. I have nowhere else to post.
you're not clogging up anything.

Part of my recovery has meant me having to deal with my mental health because I wanted a sober life I was happy in and I refused to believe the voice in my head that said it could never happen.

I also refused to believe that drinking and self medicating with recreational drugs could make it in any way better, because I had 30 years of evidence that said that was BS.

Hows teleheath there now Kaily - can you at least talk to a professional about your depression?

D
Old 02-11-2021, 12:13 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

I got discharged from mental health as I was finding it too difficult emotionally to partake in group therapy and there were no more resources for individual therapy. It triggered my PTSD horrendously and I was unable to share. I don't like talking to strangers about my traumas.

I have a 10 minute phone consultation with my GP once a month and I am on medication.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:06 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not trying to make you feel bad - I've followed your story for a long time and I think what you've accomplished by staying in recovery is amazing.

I'd hate to lose you to the addiction again.

D
Old 02-11-2021, 02:38 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

((((((Kaily)))))) sending you a huge virtual hug. I wish I could come and give you a real hug and you could take me for a walk with Alfie and Daisy through the lovely countryside. I love the photos of your walks with them. We all love you and would miss you terribly if you weren’t here with us ❤️
Old 02-11-2021, 03:28 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Kaily, very sorry you are going through a rough spot.