Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Peeling away the layers Weekenders- Weekenders 05-08 February 2021

Notices

Peeling away the layers Weekenders- Weekenders 05-08 February 2021

Old 02-06-2021, 09:07 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Weekenders

MantaLady, yes push through them, be sober and alert for your new job on Monday....I remember going to a new job on my first day hungover. I was annoyed with myself for feeling like this on my first day. I felt like crap, just wanted to be in bed nursing my hangover. Hoping no one would guess and eating lots of mints.

MesaMan great photo! Love the tracker collar for MesaPup.

Willow, oh I’m glad you saw Jonathan again and so pleased he’s got a mate. I just fancy a walk barefoot on your beach.

It’s blowing a gale here and really cold, probably feels moreso because it’s windy.
Old 02-06-2021, 11:07 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi Mags
I’d love you to come for a walk on the beach
While you’re freezing, we’re melting, it’s stinking hot here today, but I just went for a lovely swim and have cooled off a bit

Old 02-06-2021, 11:45 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sounds heavenly, Willow
Old 02-07-2021, 01:15 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders!

MantaLady, hope you can have a relaxing day today ahead of starting your new job tomorrow.

Willow, a walk along your beach would be lovely. Though I don't like it being too hot.

Mags, the strong winds were here last night, looks like they've travelled further down the east coast. Unbelievably it was still raining last night when I went to bed. The rain has turned to snow this morning though at the moment that has stopped. It's very cold outside though, 1c, which is the maximum temperature forecast for not only today but all the way through until next weekend.
Old 02-07-2021, 01:26 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Magsie

Robbie, we’ve got a smattering of snow about, wind seems to have dropped now thankfully. Going to feed the birds.
Old 02-07-2021, 01:48 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I went out at 7.30am to avoid the heavy snow forecast later. The dogs and I had the golf course all to ourselves. It did snow a bit but not much.

Old 02-07-2021, 01:52 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

^
Great photos Kaily!
Old 02-07-2021, 02:03 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders!
Old 02-07-2021, 02:14 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi Canadian Koala!
Old 02-07-2021, 03:36 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

When you're on those walks, Kaily, think of me on my walks on the golf course that I'm doing most days. This image is a Google search image, from its glory days when it was still a golf course. I like it better as a city park, it means us commoners can enjoy it.

Yesterday the eagle was perched above its nest, they're around a lot more - it's got to be time to be on eggs, I would think.

I hope your snow event isn't disruptive.

Those large cone-shaped trees are giant Sequoia, the city parks guy told me the other day. One of them trapped a guy's remote control plane a while ago and I watched him trying to retrieve it from its 80 foot high "landing" spot. You can't really climb those trees either, the branches are very dense and close together with a lot of spiny pointy bits.

Old 02-07-2021, 05:07 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words of support. I love your 'asking for help' picture, Mags

I've come to terms with it now, dusted off, and I'm back on track and on day 2. I'm proud of the 100 days or so I achieved and I know I can do much better, too. No way am I giving up this fight! I had just one day of bingeing and purging and I was back to hiding things and lying. I am NOT that person any more and I am never going back there.

Onwards we go Freedom awaits xxxxxx
Old 02-07-2021, 05:13 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

The pictures are wonderful.

A beautiful view Mesa.

Glad to know Jonathon is well, and has a companion.

Alfie and daisy seem very pleased to have the landscape to themselves.

The PNW trees are really cool, especially the big doug firs. I like them all though. We haven't made it far enough south to see the giant sequoias or redwoods. Forget climbing 80 feet high in any tree. I would be standing there praying for a good gust of wind.
Old 02-07-2021, 05:36 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

We are practically walking together Bim. I didn't notice any Eagles though, probably just as well as Daisy is only the size of a large rabbit.

It would be me climbing 80ft up a tree to rescue her.
Old 02-07-2021, 05:50 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Samantha

Ugh okay I'm doing my best here to stay sober but normally on the weekends I wear myself out by going hiking or like REALLY long walks and we can't even go outside because it's -45c with the windchill. Why do I even live here?
Old 02-07-2021, 06:03 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

The PNW trees are really cool, especially the big doug firs. I like them all though. We haven't made it far enough south to see the giant sequoias or redwoods. Forget climbing 80 feet high in any tree. I would be standing there praying for a good gust of wind.
The Douglas firs are impressive! They grow pretty fast too, so there are many large ones.

The guy with the little plane was throwing a rope toward the plane. I saw him from the distance and had no idea what he was doing so I walked over to see. I watched him throw it maybe 30-40 times and he was getting close.

A few days later I saw him again with the plane and he said he went home and got a bunch of curtain rods and strapped them together. That's how we knew it was 80 feet. Poor guy. He continued to have one problem after another with several planes and I haven't seen him in a couple months.

I doubt an eagle would take a dog with humans nearby. They do pick up bunnies, though. Pretty small ones, and by watching the eagle cams it is usually stated that the rabbits are, "roadkill," but I don't know how anyone could possibly determine that other than they get to the nest already dead.

Old 02-07-2021, 06:34 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anxiousrock View Post
Ugh okay I'm doing my best here to stay sober but normally on the weekends I wear myself out by going hiking or like REALLY long walks and we can't even go outside because it's -45c with the windchill. Why do I even live here?
-45c - yikes, that is cold! It makes the 0c weather outside sound positively warm...
Old 02-07-2021, 08:58 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Magsie

Samantha, that’s cold! Do you have a plan for indoors when you can’t exercise outdoors? Something to keep you occupied, and keeping away from any alcohol to stop any triggers.

Beautiful places you walk Bim and Kaily. You can forget about almost everything in such good surroundings.
Old 02-07-2021, 12:53 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

hi to all
Old 02-07-2021, 01:03 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi PhoenixJ
Old 02-07-2021, 01:20 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

good luck with the new job tomorrow Manta