Notices

Working on Day 261

Old 01-30-2021, 11:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Working on Day 261

Just wanted to check in. today I work on day 261. I see alot of progress in my recovery plan. Over the last few weeks I was doing alot of self reflection. In the past I did alot of blaming others and made alot of excuses for self pity. I let my ego get in the way of my growth. I felt like if I did something I should be rewarded or respected for it. But that is not how things work . The world can be a tough nasty place if you view it as that. It can also be a place of possibilities and opportunity if you take a breather and enjoy the present moment of what's going on. We all get knocked down some point in life , it's in us how we react to the obstacle and if you choose to get up. Just wanted to share my experience with others dealing with a similar situation. Take care

Old 01-30-2021, 11:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ANM

Great job and congratulations all around!
Old 01-30-2021, 01:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

261 days is amazing stickyone. Your observations are spot on in my humble opinion. And you are knocking on a year coming soon.

I may have told you this already, but your profile image is really really bichin.
Old 01-30-2021, 01:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

YAY! Congrats.
You are doing this. Keep on Keepin' ON!
Old 01-30-2021, 01:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surrendered19 View Post
261 days is amazing stickyone. Your observations are spot on in my humble opinion. And you are knocking on a year coming soon.

I may have told you this already, but your profile image is really really bichin.
​​​​​​Thank you yes after reading my past post. I really had to get off my high horse thinking I'm better than everyone because of my macho ego. I'm still learning how to deal with my emotions day by day. I haven't had a drink in more than 8 years. And then I began to abuse my pain medicine. Doing a self reflection of myself. Yes I didn't drink but I wasn't putting in any recovery work to better myself and how I view the world. This 261 days has really been recovery I've been working day by day to better myself.
Old 01-30-2021, 06:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your milestone stickyone - and great post

D
Old 01-30-2021, 07:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on the milestone!
Old 01-30-2021, 07:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Way to go!!!
Old 01-30-2021, 07:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

When I said you were spot on with your observations stickyone, I meant that you pretty much nailed it on how all of us can be at times. Certainly not just you. I think resentments and blame and ego are common denominators in most of us addicts. My resentments and my ego kept me so limited for so long. Sometimes I still feel it all creeping back in. But now my mind and body are quiet and I can deal with feelings like that and let them run their course.
Old 01-30-2021, 07:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 261 days clean!
Old 01-31-2021, 12:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surrendered19 View Post
When I said you were spot on with your observations stickyone, I meant that you pretty much nailed it on how all of us can be at times. Certainly not just you. I think resentments and blame and ego are common denominators in most of us addicts. My resentments and my ego kept me so limited for so long. Sometimes I still feel it all creeping back in. But now my mind and body are quiet and I can deal with feelings like that and let them run their course.
Yes resentment and ego. I'm working on being more confident in myself but started to lose my way and was becoming a ego maniac. Resentment blaming others for my situation making excuses rather than putting in the work to change my view and situation I'm in. I began to rush things like it was a check list . Slow and steady and let that positive moment build up followed by action.