Notices

3 weeks today and going out for dinner

Old 01-29-2021, 07:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 weeks today and going out for dinner

I've battled through to get this far. Not easy but not hard either. I feel like my personality has been a bit bland. I've been going to bed early because I'm bored, but waking early and rested.

Life is about to get real busy next week as my wife returns to work after maternity leave. It's been my biggest motivation to stop drinking as it would be impossible for me to be a drunk, work and do the daddy day care of 3 kids as she works shift work hours and weekends. The Fatigue from it all nearly ruined me last time.

So it's our last weekend of 'easy street'. I have arranged for the kids to stay at my parents so we can go out for dinner.
It has definitely made me irritable.
Maybe due to knowing that I'll be thinking about drinking, or maybe just being out in public. It's hard for me to know.
Thinking about it seems to make my thoughts run faster and feel uncomfortable if not slightly angry, at the very least my fuse is shorter.
Old 01-29-2021, 07:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

The more you live sober the less you'll feel bland FC - I guarantee it.
If it's a heavy load on you when your wife is walking now's a great time to work out some reasonable and reachable targets for yourself every day. If there's people in your life who can help, get them in...if some of the kids themselves are old enough to do some things, get them in to the communal effort as well.

Have a good sober night out with the person you love and wake up sober tomorrow.

Sounds like a good weekend to me.

D
Old 01-29-2021, 07:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Samantha

Could you choose somewhere without alcohol, if it makes you uncomfortable? Or stay in and have delivery
Old 01-29-2021, 07:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Why not order in?
Drop the kids off at the grandparents and have a relaxing time at home. Watch a movie. Enjoy the quiet.
It seems like that would create less stress.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Slowly back to normalcy. Have those numbers of sober friends/sponsor on speed dial!!
Old 01-29-2021, 08:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Make sure you have a backup plan - a number to call, a reason to leave , your husband's aid to make sure you don't order a drink, whatever it takes. You don't want that short fuse to go off and take away all that work you've done these past 3 weeks.

Think of all the enjoyment to be found in the food - and the luxury of not having to cook, clean, etc...there's a lot to be thankful for! Even the ability to go to eat at a restaurant is something a lot of people in the world don't have right now with restrictions/etc. Have a good time and enjoy the time with your husband!
Old 01-30-2021, 02:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Made it home sober and sound.
it was nice to be out. Ate some Japanese food which was a bit different.
The drinks list was a bit strange to read. I settled for the tap water. Ha. Free.
I had a coffee with dessert. That was a first time ever. It was actually delicious.
Movie and wind down on the lounge time. Thanks again for this place
Old 01-30-2021, 02:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats great FC. Your AV may try and get at you now you've been successful so stay vigilant

D
Old 01-30-2021, 02:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think I should spend some time tomorrow reminding myself why I no longer want to drink.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

One of the great pleasures in my life since I gave up booze is food. I won't go on about it but enjoying the food rather than being cross with it for getting in the way of drinking is reason enough to give up
Old 01-30-2021, 05:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great job FC! Japanese food was a great choice - so many flavors and textures to focus on.
Old 01-30-2021, 05:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

YOU DID IT!
Good work. I really hope it was an enjoyable experience.