Notices

Trying my best

Old 02-13-2021, 07:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

How are you doing eachdayanewday? I hope things are going well. Don't be a stranger!
Old 02-13-2021, 05:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I haven't drank in a couple days. I still feel a little crappy. But I know this is the hardest times. I notice the first couple days after my eyes are super sensitive. I have eye pressure and I have to squint more. My vision is good and I see my eye doctor for my check ups because I also have diabetes. If I stay busy I don't have an urge to drink. But its hard in a small house and during covid. I used to be super active and busy but that all came to halt. Trying to work through it and love coming on here. I also joined a couple other forums for support. A forum for anxiety and depression and diabetes. That keeps me a little busy with checking in on posts and updates. Have a great day and Happy Valentine's Day.
Old 02-13-2021, 07:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you. Keep it up!
Old 02-14-2021, 05:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You are doing all the right things! Keep moving forward.
Its good to hear you have support in multiple places. This pandemic has been hard on so many levels. Onward and Upward.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Its so true. I used to think I was normal but then I realized it is not. But I also realized how many people around me drink a lot. Everyone we know drinks. Luckily for me my husband isn't much of a drinker. In high school I drank a little. Nothing major. College of course is the drinking age. But then I had kids young so that phase didn't last too long. While my kids were growing up I didn't drink too much. But as they go older and we were so busy I would sneak a drink here and there. Now that my kids are older I find myself having to redefine my roll in my family. Before everyone counted on me for everything. Now Im trying to make sure I remember I still am important but my roll is just changing a little. I did really horrible this week. I was trying to no drink during the week. Instead I drank every day. I still exercised and ate good but drank a lot. I fell crappy. I knew better but I just keep progressing into this place I do not love to be in. I really can't wait for my therapy session on Monday. I need it.....
Old 02-20-2021, 12:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found posting here every day helped me. Sometimes I helped others and sometimes they helped me, but I stayed sober.

Whatever you do, you gotta work at it every day for a while man.

D