Notices

Random musings about alcohol

Old 01-24-2021, 10:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Random musings about alcohol

Will continue to add thoughts every now and then

1. Alcohol is a depressant. Want to really relax ? - handle your issues sober, one at a time, and feel the real euphoria
2. Want to know how much your body hates alcohol? - take your selfie after few days of drinking and another after few sober weeks - see the difference!
3. Be prepared when the needs for a buzz starts at wine o clock - Form a strategy like 1. Early dinner 2. Long walk 3. A can of cold seltzer water. List is endless
4. Do not think about how life will be without alcohol in the longer run - just tackle the AV when it hits you today, you will have an awesome tomorrow
5. Do activities that increase your self worth - physically, financially or spiritually. You will see the need for alcohol reducing.
6. Reward yourself for missing the drink - maybe get a nice watch or a pair of running shoes. This weekend I got a nice iced guava refresher from Starbucks with kids.
7. It's not alcohol who comes and catches us. It's us who try to catch it. If you leave the drink, the drink will leave you alone. From your body as well as your mind.
Have a great day!

"Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can" - Arthur Ashe
Old 01-24-2021, 10:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

An excellent post and very wise words.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Number 7 is brilliant
Old 01-26-2021, 05:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for this!

#1 has always been one of the main reasons I'd drink (besides just liking it). I never learned how to cope with certain aspects of my life and instead of feeling those feelings and coping in a healthy way, I drank.

This really hits home for me!
Old 02-07-2021, 11:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

1. After many years, I enjoyed the super bowl game with chilled seltzer water + a slice of lime. I was able to focus on the game better and had a real good time with my family. I do not need alcohol to relax or make things fun.
2. I added up the $ that I did not spend on beer and gifted three kids with few toys. They sent me thank you messages.
3. Moderation is a headache. The alcoholic voice weakens only with longer and longer pauses than continuous small feeds
Old 02-12-2021, 04:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The Alcoholic voices are like a group of armed thugs. As long as you don't look into their eyes and keep your head low and move on you will be absolutely fine. The moment you go towards them and engage in a dialogue , any kind of dialogue, it results in pain.

When cravings come like a pack of wolves acknowledge , calm down and say "I am strong, I am happy with the way I am". Never ever engage them, fight them or talk to them.
Old 02-12-2021, 04:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Something common you will find in all alcoholics and problem drinkers is self destructive talk. Personal examples: "Today is Friday, what's the harm in having a few beers", "Everyone is having fun, don't go hard on yourself", "Don't you want to take the edge off and relax?", "Aren't you bored? Be a man and go to the store", "Have some fun today, tomorrow you can go to the gym and burn off the extra calories"...list is endless.

Reality is there are other ways of addressing these issues or have fun instead of turning to alcohol for help.
Old 02-12-2021, 04:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great post calmself. Needed it all.

I first read your post as, "random musician about alcohol."

Thanks.