Notices

I will let you down

Old 01-25-2021, 12:47 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I dont actually work 70 hrs a week, but between my gym habit and work etcc...I think it varies between 44 and 66 hrs a week. Wouldn;t trade it for the world at this time.
Old 01-25-2021, 12:58 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Jeff: Sober date: 00/00/0000 thanks for playing.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:07 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Jeff, you sure are a mean dude when you're drinking. I can't really relate to that because I was a pitiful shrinking violet when I was drinking. Or maybe I can relate. Maybe it's two sides of the same coin. It's exhausting never doing enough, never being good enough, not being appreciated for how hard I try, and feeling like I am always forever going to have to compensate for being a "wrong" person. Sometimes the only thing I could do was drink.

But there's a limit, right? I mean, I guess you could pull a "Leaving Las Vegas" thing here, but that looked horrible even in the movies. And it took so lonnnnggggg.

When are you planning to dry out?
Old 01-25-2021, 01:08 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Jeff

If you want help to get sober, this community will help you move heaven and earth to achieve that...but if you’re just gonna use us for amusement while you sit there getting drunker and drunker and meaner and meaner spouting off - that’s not really fair to anyone...., least of all yourself.

You have a lot of friends here and people who care. Most of us have known you a long time and know Real Jeff bears little relation to this Jeff.

How about you listen to us, drink some water and go to bed? Tomorrow’s another day.
Could be a good one if you make it a sober one and ask for some help?
D
Old 01-25-2021, 01:25 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Jeff, you sure are a mean dude when you're drinking.
I can really relate. Towards the end of my drinking career I would say the meanest things and occasionally even become violent which lead to trouble with the law. I think it came from self-loathing and misdirected resentments. Unsure, all I know is I'm a lot less of a jerk when I don't drink. Put the plug in the jug my man. Put the plug in the jug.
Old 01-25-2021, 02:17 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
WHAT IS THE REAL ME? DRUNKARD ON A FEW WEEKENDS OR THE GUY WHO KICKS ASS 70 HOURS A WEEK? i DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT ANSWER MYSELF.
The real you will come to light over a long period of sobriety combined with working on the underlying issues. Recovery is a process. Not only that, if you keep the belief that alcohol somehow solves something that cannot be solved any other way, you will stay stuck, never really letting go. And if you can’t let go, there will always be that tension that increases as time goes on.

Also, Jeff, Re your comment about my smarts. The ego in me says thanks but the real me says I spend a ridiculous amount of time thinking and rewriting my statements before I hit send!

BABM, your point is well taken...I “could’ve” wrote it better. Lol
Old 01-25-2021, 02:31 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Well if you want to be the guy who gets drunk a few weekends, hey go ahead and do it. Think you know sooner or later it will be more than A few weekends.
I’ve made and lost money , most of the the time my big losses were when I was drunk. (Dont invest and trade when your drunk doesn’t work out well.
You could kick your family and SR and any kind of recovery to the curb if you want .
I used to think about that a lot but I’m not 22 anymore. I hope you find what your looking for Jeff. Make it to work tomorrow. Peace
Old 01-25-2021, 02:48 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Jeff, you sure are a mean dude when you're drinking. I can't really relate to that because I was a pitiful shrinking violet when I was drinking. Or maybe I can relate. Maybe it's two sides of the same coin. It's exhausting never doing enough, never being good enough, not being appreciated for how hard I try, and feeling like I am always forever going to have to compensate for being a "wrong" person. Sometimes the only thing I could do was drink.

But there's a limit, right? I mean, I guess you could pull a "Leaving Las Vegas" thing here, but that looked horrible even in the movies. And it took so lonnnnggggg.

When are you planning to dry out?
I'll address yourself and Dee in this response. I am getting close to being at a fork in the road. One direction is death, the other is prosperity. I'm scratching my chin wondering which one is for me.

Dee, I dont use this site and its members for entertainment, C'mon Dee I've been around here for awhile. You guys are not simply "my fans" and I get a rise out of being stupid. That kind of makes me mad actually. I thought I might get more credit than that, but I guess not.
Old 01-25-2021, 02:52 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kdon853 View Post
Well if you want to be the guy who gets drunk a few weekends, hey go ahead and do it. Think you know sooner or later it will be more than A few weekends.
I’ve made and lost money , most of the the time my big losses were when I was drunk. (Dont invest and trade when your drunk doesn’t work out well.
You could kick your family and SR and any kind of recovery to the curb if you want .
I used to think about that a lot but I’m not 22 anymore. I hope you find what your looking for Jeff. Make it to work tomorrow. Peace
Money is money, it comes and goes. "make it to work tomorrow:.....that means the most to me. I appreciate that.
Old 01-25-2021, 03:07 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Damn Dee, you make things harder than they need to be. I gotta reevaluate my situation here.
Old 01-25-2021, 03:11 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not the problem here Jeff.
When you want help to change, I'll be around
D
Old 01-25-2021, 03:23 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

I'll address yourself and Dee in this response. I am getting close to being at a fork in the road. One direction is death, the other is prosperity. I'm scratching my chin wondering which one is for me.

Dee, I dont use this site and its members for entertainment, C'mon Dee I've been around here for awhile. You guys are not simply "my fans" and I get a rise out of being stupid. That kind of makes me mad actually. I thought I might get more credit than that, but I guess not.
I can see that. I think though, that the real choice is a little more mundane - death vs normalcy. That's the part that's not actually that attractive, isn't it? Normalcy, humdrum more of the same. It's such a grey landscape full of nothing that I could not bear the thought of it anymore. So I drank. And damned if it didn't greyer still.

But there's another option, Jeff. There's dealing with the stuff that is boiling in that pot of yours under the surface all of the time. That's the key, and I promise you it can be done. Swear on my mother's grave (full disclosure - she's not in there yet), pinkie promise and I'm not making it up.

But here's the thing - you do have to be sober to get there.

I know you're not just having a bit of fun here (though you are certainly well aware that you're being pretty abrasive). There's a whole lot of pain in your angriness. You don't deserve that - no one does.

At the risk of being obnoxious, when do you reckon you'll stop drinking?
Now would be good.

O

Old 01-25-2021, 04:38 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Jeff, I've sat and read through all those comments and to be honest you sound like a man who is so fed up drinking, and while you continue to drink, your attitude is not gonna get any better, I know I've been there with the "woe is me" no one but yourself is putting that glass or that bottle to your mouth, and any problem you have ain't gonna be solved by drinking, I wish you all the best.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:46 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Why are you bummed LG? its life man, things move on. Its not like I'm gonna die or anything.
In a few responses after this you say you're at a fork in the road - a path to prosperity, the other path death. Sigh. Drunk ramblings brother. And it's sad, which is why I'm bummed.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:53 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Jeff, you sound like you are in such pain, yet trying to convince yourself and others that you really aren't. There are so many people here who are supporting you and rallying you to get to the other side. You stated you haven't been given much credit, but so many people here have given you that credit. You just can't see it right now. That doesn't mean they won't call you out on your BS. You are wondering whether prosperity or death is the choice for you? YOU can make the choice. YOU can come out the other side and be in a better place. But, it's up to YOU. Do you really think you are the only one who's done well in life, only to lose that stature, money, etc?? That doesn't make you better than anyone else here, that makes you EXACTLY like everyone else here. Every single person here has lost something due to addiction. We all share that common thread, so don't even for a second think you are different in that regard. You are searching for something and that something is 100% attainable. I hope you can let go of this anger that seems to have it's hold on you. There are so many people her cheering you on, I hope you can see and feel that. So many people here are speaking their truth to you because they want to see you succeed. Tell me, if one of your favorite and trusted SR friends posted the same things you have recently....what advice would you give to them?
Old 01-25-2021, 07:37 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

WHAT IS THE REAL ME? DRUNKARD ON A FEW WEEKENDS OR THE GUY WHO KICKS ASS 70 HOURS A WEEK? i DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT ANSWER MYSELF.
ah Jeff, the “real” you seems to be the guy who fluctuates between those two extremes, bouncing from one to the other.
there is middle ground, but it doesn’t seem to appeal to you?
Old 01-25-2021, 07:51 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

For ***** sake, I am going to get banished from the one community who accepts me. oh well,
Old 01-25-2021, 07:52 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Damn Dee, you make things harder than they need to be. I gotta reevaluate my situation here.
Drunk or sober Jeff, I'm sure you will reevaluate your situation here, as threatened, and conclude SR is exactly where you need to be. It is. Early on I would go to bed PISSED at the truth I was told here on SR and in real life, but those harsh truths ended up making all the difference.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:52 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

No plans to banish you.

Did you get any rest Jeff?.

D
Old 01-25-2021, 07:59 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

For ***** sake, I am going to get banished from the one community who accepts me. oh well,
Nobody is banishing you. You make these dramas up in your head. We want you here. But we won't listen to bs. Leave all your government assassins, spies, coke dealers, guns, muscles, $1,000 dinners and the rest of it where it belongs - on the rubbish pile. Grow up Jeff.