Notices

I will let you down

Old 02-07-2021, 08:37 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

I'm tired. exhausted actually. I am physically and mentally at the end of my rope. I'm out. I leave you with this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH0K6ojmGZA

Old 02-07-2021, 08:39 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you vote for change, man.
Go get some shut eye.

D
Old 02-07-2021, 08:39 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GONmFCkCGCc

Old 02-07-2021, 09:07 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Since you're checking out music, why not watch this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC_TrsY7U3A
Old 02-07-2021, 09:45 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
EndGame

I believe that we're responsible not just for our thoughts and feelings, but also for whatever it is that we do in response to them. What we say and what we do have consequences.

Teaching other people to lower their expectations about what you can and cannot do or what you will and will not do may be at times comforting but always carries potential danger. Any sense of relief we may experience melts away very quickly as we begin the process of doing the very same thing to ourselves. From there, it isn't a very long walk to self-loathing and all the bitterness and rage that comes with it.

Old 02-08-2021, 07:57 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

jeff.....
One of my favorites:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5cop4t7ZG8
Old 02-08-2021, 12:34 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Put it down Jeff. That's my only advice. We have one life here and only a finite amount of chances to get the most important things right - sobriety being #1 for us here. Hope you come out of this finally accepting permanent sobriety.
Old 02-08-2021, 02:58 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Jeff,

I'm glad you're still posting - it gives me a glimmer of hope that we can help convince you to actually get to rehab this time.

I know that exhaustion.
It can get better, I promise you.

You need a break, man.
Just think of it - a safe place where they'll make sure your health is looked out for. A place you can get some real rest, some actual nutrition, and a break from the booze.

Check your PMs please

O
Old 02-08-2021, 05:01 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

It takes what it takes for each of us to bottom out. For some people it takes a big family fight. For others it’s a DUI. For some it is being homeless and living under a bridge. What is it going to take for you Jeff?

I have been really feeling like drinking lately. Planning it in my future. Obsessing over the feeling of being drunk, so it does not make you different or weak or defective that you are drunk and can’t seem to stop. Drunk is an alcoholic’s natural state. What would make you different is deciding to fight again. To take a full accounting of what the time spent drunk is really costing you.

Drinking did A LOT of damage in my life. Most I can recover from but some I never will. The longer this bender lasts Jeff, the more likely it is that you will cause permanent damage to an area of your life. Maybe that’s what it will take for you. I hope not.
Old 02-08-2021, 06:10 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

You don't have to oblige those thoughts BABM. 👻

It screws up everytime.

Stay in the now, not the future.

Design a bridge or something.
Old 02-08-2021, 06:28 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m sorry you’re struggling BABM...but it’s good you’re asking for help before it’s too late.

Part of you may think otherwise right now but sober is my natural state....I was born sober and I’ll die that way.

Sober is the promise of future, it’s veins connected with loved ones, it’s reaching potential..it’s joy...it’s where Hope lives, man.

I may have had good times drunk, but even a condemned man can laugh. The really essential, beautiful, transcendent moments of my life happened when I was sober.

Rat out that voice BABM - tell AA buds, friends family....fight for your frickin life dude....if you slip away again you may never get back... and that would be a tragedy, BABM.

and before anyone says it, this is on topic for this thread...every word applies to you too Jeff.
Old 02-08-2021, 06:31 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Administrator

’Veins’ connected with loved ones should be ‘being’ but sometimes predictive text spits out a winner so I’m gonna leave it. Stay connected Jeff and BABM...better times are ahead

D
Old 02-08-2021, 10:09 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
’Veins’ connected with loved ones should be ‘being’ but sometimes predictive text spits out a winner so I’m gonna leave it. Stay connected Jeff and BABM...better times are ahead

D
I like the veins connected to loved ones, it’s a good metaphor.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:11 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Hi Jeff,

I hope you’ve stopped drinking. I also hope you will consider rehab or some sort of support. You have lots of good things in your life right now, I know you don’t want to see alcohol ruin that.