Notices

Paws/ arbd month 7

Old 01-22-2021, 02:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Paws/ arbd month 7

Improvement? Maybe. But tiny little bit. As in: things are not tótally meaningless when I look at them. Eye correction movement with far sight disappeared. I make coping strategies. Choose simple tasks. Don't make it hard on myself.Good things: I finally quit eating rubbish. I eat traditional simple food, but not if I can't stop eating like diary or harms me like gluten or excites me like chocolate. Now day 5. And I'm more spaced out than ever. But it gets worse before it gets better..Also..I'm avoiding negativity. Nice improvement. And I'm becoming very easy going. If you have seen hell then things become quite relative. But I'm scared because I'm dependent. I'm stuck till I can think again. Hoping...Also good: I m not on birth control anymore ( which was necessary before drunk for precaution...) I'm not interested in pregnancy, but its part of becoming real and I embrace the waves it brings and it feels good. More alive.
You know what's the scariest thing? That I'm fully aware of my time-blurred cognitive impaired zoned-out drunk but not drunk status. I look at myself but can't change it, can't tell if or when it's going to end. And really nobody I know really understands it so it's a very lonely road. Thank you I can share it here. I keep on going..

Me
( sober since 29 June 2020)
Old 01-22-2021, 03:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 7 months MeSober
I hope time will bring an improvement for those things bugging you right now.

D
Old 01-22-2021, 03:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is a very lonely road MeSober77.

I have PAWS benzos and know the hell you are describing. Benzos and alcohol work on same gaba receptors and for some of us can produce terrible symptoms post withdrawal. And unless you have experienced it no one really understands.

I didn't (even) use benzos in large quantities, but for some of us they can be devastating. I reckon they're evil, and I rarely use that word, if ever.

I can only encourage you to keep going MeSober, because it does get better over time. It has been very slow for me, but it IS improving.

Like you, I learned to take things slowly. Just about anything would ramp my CNS. I learned this the hard way. I had problems with my eyes, ears, gut, muscles, MIND, derealisation, depersonalisation, you name it, I had it. And still am to a degree. Anxiety is still a problem. Irrational fear. Terror, sometimes. Though this is abating.

I'm getting better. You will too. Don't give up whatever you do.

Keep hanging in MeSober. It'll pay off in the end.

I'm really sorry you have experienced PAWS. No one gets it, which makes it so hard. I get it, Me. Truly I do.

Congratulations on 7 months. Well done.
Old 01-23-2021, 03:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee

Thank you Steely. So we hang on together. Good plan. Glad I always refused meds prescribed, felt not right. And I informed myself. My God if you take a look at review sites of those drugs!!! Only took Alprazolam to self organize my last detox...Max 2 weeks. Already then it was tempting..the easy sleep..But after the two weeks I got rid of them. Thanks for your reply, some understanding is very very welcome. Hopefully next update gives more light. In the meanwhile.. Well, just play looots of easy Sudoku rewiring ourselves and be grateful at least I know: GOOD NEWS: IT WILL NEVER WORSEN!

Take care, Me

Old 01-23-2021, 04:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RAL

Congrats on your sober time

If you are not interested in pregnancy then maybe birth control is a must. Nothing worse than an unwanted pregnancy and all the trauma that it will bring. I don't think it's a game to be played.
Old 01-23-2021, 04:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for that advice RAL, but that's no issue ( without further explanation) 😇😉
Old 01-23-2021, 05:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Now we're giving birth control advice.

MeSober, hang on. Time is definitely your friend. It took me many months of continuous sober Time before I felt normal. I can tell you that it is so worth the process and the effort. I can say that I'll never go back there because it was so uncomfortable that I don't want to ever do it again. There's value in suffering, just my opinion.

We're here, keep posting.

One day at a time, lovely. That's all you have to do.
Old 01-23-2021, 05:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are really doing great! Patience is the most important thing that I have learned!
Old 01-23-2021, 05:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RAL

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post

No need to be sarcastic or trying to demean me. The op brought the subject up.
Old 01-23-2021, 06:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You are doing really well and I am glad you posted.
I do think I experienced PAWS with my last go round of sobriety and unfortunately I relapsed. I dont know though? That time was filled with some really intense stuff. I also think I could of experienced PAWS a bit ago but I like to THINK about a lot of things and sometimes that is not helpful for me

Keep on keepin' on. Its sounds to me like you are doing all the right things. I commend you for it.
Have a good weekend.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
No need to be sarcastic or trying to demean me. The op brought the subject up.
Don't feel attacted RAL. It IS a little funny this post goes to BC. ❤ But it IS important to me. Yes, it's easy.. But what did I learn? A. There's nothing like a quick fix...You mess with Nature? Nature will mess with you. We are talking about a MAIN human system you will suppress. (Or what about your consequent behavior on your path if you want to go more philosophical) B. I can not afford any side effects, like depression.. But I admit stress is also a side effect of nót taking it and it's truly valuable advice you mentioned!
Old 01-23-2021, 08:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post

MeSober, hang on. Time is definitely your friend. It took me many months of continuous sober Time before I felt normal. I can tell you that it is so worth the process and the effort. I can say that I'll never go back there because it was so uncomfortable that I don't want to ever do it again. There's value in suffering, just my opinion.

We're here, keep posting.

One day at a time, lovely. That's all you have to do.
I read a lot of your posts Biminiblue. Thank you you're also with me! Patience..
Old 01-23-2021, 08:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomls View Post
You are really doing great! Patience is the most important thing that I have learned!
Thank you Tomls. I won't give up!
Old 01-23-2021, 08:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizz View Post
You are doing really well and I am glad you posted.
I do think I experienced PAWS with my last go round of sobriety and unfortunately I relapsed. I dont know though? That time was filled with some really intense stuff. I also think I could of experienced PAWS a bit ago but I like to THINK about a lot of things and sometimes that is not helpful for me

Keep on keepin' on. Its sounds to me like you are doing all the right things. I commend you for it.
Have a good weekend.
Hi Mizz, relapses make it worse for sure...Stay well and stay sober. Me
Old 01-23-2021, 08:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support, experciences and hope! Her we go for another month with fresh courage!